Help with lug nuts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace the lug nuts on my 2015 LX 570. I recently had a set of Evo Corse wheels installed and the lugs in purchased from Discount Tire are too long. Does anyone know the correct size so I can order a replacement set?

0116F769-EAC6-4A85-A3A0-9D91D458DD70.jpeg

Last edited:
I would consider getting McGards. They are more expensive, but have a built in washer that won't grind on your wheels the way cheaper lug nuts will. They come in two sizes. Here is a link to the shorter size on Amazon. These are the ones folks use for Rock Warriors. They also come in chrome if you want.

Amazon product ASIN B007QB5A56

Apologize for reviving this thread but I have a new to me 2013 LX and I can't find the locking lug nut removal device.

Sounds like I need to buy one from Lexus or do the slam the socket on to the lug trick to get it off??

Do you guys know how much they are and whether a local Lexus or Toyota dealer would typically have them in stock?

Thanks!

I had the same problem with the OEM lug nuts when I misplaced the wheel lock socket. Local dealership had the right tool to remove it and charged me about $50. There are multiple wheel lock patterns so it’s not a one size fits all. i Ditched the wheel locks after this.
May be an idea to get an oil change / tire rotation and maybe You can convince them to remove those locking nuts.

I would consider getting McGards. They are more expensive, but have a built in washer that won't grind on your wheels the way cheaper lug nuts will. They come in two sizes. Here is a link to the shorter size on Amazon. These are the ones folks use for Rock Warriors. They also come in chrome if you want.

+1
Mcgard makes Toyota’s Rock Warrior lugs... Too notch.

I had the same problem with the OEM lug nuts when I misplaced the wheel lock socket. Local dealership had the right tool to remove it and charged me about $50. There are multiple wheel lock patterns so it’s not a one size fits all. i Ditched the wheel locks after this.
May be an idea to get an oil change / tire rotation and maybe You can convince them to remove those locking nuts.
Thanks. Hadn't seen any responses to this when I went down to the local dealer and bought one for $20. Seemed pretty reasonable for Lexus ;o).

Apologize for reviving this thread but I have a new to me 2013 LX and I can't find the locking lug nut removal device.

Sounds like I need to buy one from Lexus or do the slam the socket on to the lug trick to get it off??

Do you guys know how much they are and whether a local Lexus or Toyota dealer would typically have them in stock?

Thanks!
I know you bought one, but another place to look for the original is in or next to the toolkit in your tailgate. I had one in there. . .

99BBE71A-A71C-4A85-93E1-8A72A21998FC.jpeg

I know you bought one, but another place to look for the original is in or next to the toolkit in your tailgate. I had one in there. . .

View attachment 2617770
Thank you. Yeh that’s where I looked initially and started to panic when I couldn’t find it. I also fhought it might be in o plastic Lexis bag in the Jack/first aid kit cubby bit nope. What I had read initially was I was supposed to have these preprinted cards with the rigt key code on it that I needed to use to reorder them.

View attachment 2617770
Yeh I had looked in there as well and the jack cubby but nothin'.

Got nuthin' here too. New-to-me 2018 LC200, serviced prior to sale one month ago (including new rotors and pads, wheel rotation, so the wheels were definitely taken off), but the locking socket key is nowhere to be found. Nor is there any McGard (or other brand) card with the specs / unique ID of the locking lugnut socket key whatever it's called. Emailed the worthless selling dealership...not expecting a response given their abysmal performance / attitude thus far.

Is it true / correct that Toyota dealers have some sort of "master key" for these? If so, I'll go to one of my local dealers and get these removed ASAP.

Were these locking/security lug nuts installed at the factory on all US LC200s? If so, then perhaps the master key data is tied to the VIN in some database somewhere?

assuming your LC has the OEM lug nuts.... I had a similar issue and my local Toyota dealership was able to remove the factory locking lugs. The dealership said there are multiple lock “patterns” and no rhyme or reason based on which in it could be. After having them removed I replaced them with normal lug nuts.

Got nuthin' here too. New-to-me 2018 LC200, serviced prior to sale one month ago (including new rotors and pads, wheel rotation, so the wheels were definitely taken off), but the locking socket key is nowhere to be found. Nor is there any McGard (or other brand) card with the specs / unique ID of the locking lugnut socket key whatever it's called. Emailed the worthless selling dealership...not expecting a response given their abysmal performance / attitude thus far.

Is it true / correct that Toyota dealers have some sort of "master key" for these? If so, I'll go to one of my local dealers and get these removed ASAP.

Were these locking/security lug nuts installed at the factory on all US LC200s? If so, then perhaps the master key data is tied to the VIN in some database somewhere?
I had the Lexus dealer identify the lock pattern on mine and I bought a key for them.

assuming your LC has the OEM lug nuts.... I had a similar issue and my local Toyota dealership was able to remove the factory locking lugs. The dealership said there are multiple lock “patterns” and no rhyme or reason based on which in it could be. After having them removed I replaced them with normal lug nuts.
I had the Lexus dealer identify the lock pattern on mine and I bought a key for them.

Can anyone confirm that these worked with the Evo Corse DakarZero rims (60 degree conical steel inserts). The vendor I bought them from says "All EvoCorse wheels require aftermarket lug nuts/bolts. They are an extended thread 60degree conical seat and can be purchased from amazon or local automotive parts stores."

In a pinch, would cheap open ended conical lugnuts in 14x1.50 work, until I can get the fancy ones? Like as in the ones that I already have that held my spidertrax spacers to the wheels...

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that these worked with the Evo Corse DakarZero rims (60 degree conical steel inserts). The vendor I bought them from says "All EvoCorse wheels require aftermarket lug nuts/bolts. They are an extended thread 60degree conical seat and can be purchased from amazon or local automotive parts stores."

In a pinch, would cheap open ended conical lugnuts in 14x1.50 work, until I can get the fancy ones?
They won’t work to provide enough turns on the studs. You will need the the extended spline style lug nuts. I learned the hard way after buying the style you mentioned. Couldn’t get more then 5-6 turns on the lugs.

Amazon product ASIN B00QLIOFFG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom