Help with lift/alignment in ABQ area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I just got a '06 LC, and I'm looking into putting an OME lift kit on it from Slee, and although I can get most of it done, help with final ajustments and alignment would be great. Anyone know of a shop or mechanic willing to help?

I suggest getting a lifetime alignment from Firestone Mastercare. They're national and given how much we tend to monkey with our beloved Landcruisers, the lifetime will pay for itself after the second alignment.

Reviving this question about alignment shops in ABQ
The resource list says Chet's on Menaul. Ali says Firestone lifetime
Anyone had experience with either recently?
My past experience with a lifetime alignment in Washington was less that stellar- sorta "you get what you pay for"
I need someone who won't on lowering my IFS truck to stock height in order to meet their formula specs

Firestone is a hit/miss depending on the tech. Some are pro lift and others aren't from what it appears.

Alignments are a rip off with my truck. No caster. No camber. Only toe ... and they still charge me full price. No thanks, I can handle a tape measure.

I used Chets on the 4R within the last year. First time using them, very happy, no lifetime option, will use them again... Used Firestone in the past on the cruiser, agree with tech/day/GAS variability from both output as well as wait/schedule... but there are lots of them.

I have a lifetime alignment with Firestone on my GMC, purchased it after cranking the torsion bars in 2009. They performed the alignment flawlessly but I haven't been back since. I'm pretty sure the tech that did it has already retired.

My buddy who is a Jeep guy is the manager of the Firestone on Southern, near Unser, in Rio Rancho. I buy the lifetime alignment at Firestone and have been pleased. I took the cruiser in just a couple weeks ago after getting new tires. He checked the alignment, it was within spec and didn't even charge me (I had never purchased the lifetime alignment for the cruiser). If you decide to go that route, call for an appointment and talk to Ray Runyan. Tell him Marc Ahlen sent you and he might give you a break on the normal $200 price for the lifetime alignment.

Just as a FYI, Firestone website gives discount on the lifetime alignment purchase on occasion.

Marc, Ali, thanks this helps a lot. I may go this route if I can sort out logistics of getting it over there and back
I'll post up results... this thing is sorta finicky and really reveals if someone knows WTF their doing... OR NOT!

No worries Grant. Here's the branch where I've taken all of my rides and the manager and the alignment guy have no issues with my lifts. Granted, they're not as much as yours but they seem to be comfortable with lifted rigs. I think one of the manager guy used to have a Mini truck and been around 4x4s quite a bit. 1501 Juan Tabo Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87112

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom