1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...with K&N air intake !

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Grecatex, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Grecatex

Grecatex

Hello vatos !

I'm living at Juarez City / El paso Tx and i have a lot a problems to find OME for my Land cruiser FJ62 ( La botarga )....but now i wants to install a K&N air intake system...but i can't find it....
    My question is....can i put a newest model on it ? i mean..FJ80 4.7 etc , if you know where i can get one, please let me know

I apreciate you help

2. HntWhtTail

HntWhtTail

You might try a search, but from what I remember the K&N does nothing for the 60 62 as far as performance goes, there is only so much power in the f series engine.

3. TremorX

TremorX

Yeah, the K&N adds nothing but convenience, because you don't have to special order a freakin' air filter every 6000 miles. A cleaning kit lasts generally at least 5 cleanings.

You should be able to order one at a parts store (Checker, AutoZone, etc) or online.

K&N Part Numbers:
    The 60 uses E2940
    The 62 uses E2440
    The 80 uses E2443
    The 100 uses 332146

edit - These are the drop-in replacement filters, not full-blown intake kits. I don't believe they make a kit for the 62, but I could be wrong. I'm not finding it, anyway.

4. Grecatex

Grecatex

Thnks for your update...by the way...how can get this ?
    [​IMG]

5. HntWhtTail

HntWhtTail

I usually go to napa walk in look on the shelf take the filter off the shelf and pay the guy behind the counter. can't get much more convieneint than that, and no wait a day while I clean and wash my filter...I do how ever clean and wash the k&n thats in the wifes 98 svt contour.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">