Help With Identifying a Part on My FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I installed a new distributor and noticed some coolant lines getting in the way, and I also noticed this beneath it. Can anyone tell me what it is and if I need it, thanks!

Talking about the part that has the hose going into it, not the starter.
mud image.PNG

So I installed a new distributor and noticed some coolant lines getting in the way, and I also noticed this beneath it. Can anyone tell me what it is and if I need it, thanks!

View attachment 3057800
I'm no expert but are you talking about the oil pressure sending switch?

Looks like the oil cooler that the hose goes into. I'm just going off the stuff I've been studying a bit during my time with trying to do my build.

Like I said I'm no expert but might give u a jumping point to research at the very least until a real expert chimes in here lol.

Last edited:
That is the oil cooler. Good to know when ordering parts later like water pump or thermostat housing as they are different with or without.
As for do you need it: if it’s not leaking I’d leave it alone.

View attachment 3057800

If you did not need it it would NOT be there to begin with ....... 🤔

also , you have NOT installed the UPDATED OEM Distributer clamp , i see naked metal where it would be if you installed the needed part below ?

part #
19905-40010

1657689093945.jpeg

Last edited:
I also see a hose with blue tape around it not hooked to anything.
Isn't that the fuel line? Maybe changing out the filter?

the thread starter refers to the " Part with the hose going into it ?

and

mentions its in his way too ?

i think this is what he refers to .... 🤔

mud image.PNG

That is the oil cooler, what is intriguing is that the oil pressure sender is onboard the banjo bolt there. . . usually the oil pressure sender is right below the oil filter can, but wadda I know - you have a '72 FJ40 version. Perhaps you are working on the '76 ?

That is the oil cooler, what is intriguing is that the oil pressure sender is onboard the banjo bolt there. . . usually the oil pressure sender is right below the oil filter can, but wadda I know - you have a '72 FJ40 version. Perhaps you are working on the '76 ?
I was confused by that too because I looked and looked and couldn't find one that had the unit screwed into the oil cooler lol

My 12/78 Cal Spec has the oil pressure sender on the banjo bolt as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom