help with hanging transmission wire

i have a 92 fj80 with the 3f-e engine and the a440f transmission ( i assume) . On the drivers side of the transmission there is a sensor and a long wire thats just hanging down from it. For the life of me i can not find out what sensor this is and where it goes. i have no driving or shifting issues that i know of. any help would be appreciated. at the moment i have it wrapped up to keep it from hanging but i see no loose or open connectors anywhere. could it go back up towards the engine??now that i think about it, I did find 2 bare connectors the other day when I was changing the starter that are not in a housing:hmm:. ???🤔

i have a 92 fj80 with the 3f-e engine and the a440f transmission ( i assume) . On the drivers side of the transmission there is a sensor and a long wire thats just hanging down from it. For the life of me i can not find out what sensor this is and where it goes. i have no driving or shifting issues that i know of. any help would be appreciated. at the moment i have it wrapped up to keep it from hanging but i see no loose or open connectors anywhere. could it go back up towards the engine??now that i think about it, I did find 2 bare connectors the other day when I was changing the starter that are not in a housing:hmm:. ???🤔
If you're not having other issues, then it's been bypassed or is not a problem.

Does your CDL work as it should?

Otherwise, I would hazard a guess that it's the NSS (Neutral Safety Switch) that someone has butchered / bypassed because it wouldn't run, so they made it run and now it's hanging.

Will the truck actually start with the gear shifter in any position?

I have not checked that yet . Its 2 wires white and black . this it the image with both connectors still attached

wire 1.jpg

wire 2.jpg

wire 3.jpg

Also the 2 bare wires I found above the starter, in the engine bay, at the firewall are a yellow wire and a what looks to be a red with silver stripe wire they seem to come up from the transmission area but i could be wrong . Oh how I wish I still worked at toyota and had access to the ewd , but other than that I hated working there .

Website
www.sdsysdesign.com
In the second picture you're holding connector O1 which is the OD solenoid fired from the Cruise Control circuit. It should have a mating connector hanging by the starter.
Frankly, I've never noticed a difference on mine connected or disconnected while driving with CC engaged.

thank you for all the help. I figured out that yes it was the 2 bare wires I found by the starter and thanks to the ewd I ended up making a new connector with a deutsch connector kit. Now have a working cruise control, which I have not had since I bought the truck . Thank you again, now I can move on the the other plans I have . Desmog is next on the list along with valve cover gaskets and valve adjustment

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom