Help with GMail ... can't get POP to work from Outlook .. no sendy

I am trying to configure my Outlook Express to get my GMail. I get this error :
The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'die.kalte.see@gmail.com'. Subject 'test pop3', Account: 'GMail - die.kalte.see', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 Authentication Required 74sm616924rnb', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
Can someone look at their Outlook and see what ports and which checkboxes are checked for receiving GMail . Thanx

I can receive, but I get the above error when I try and send a message.

TY

Thanx ... I reread my account properties and noticed I did miss a checkbox - 'this account requires authentication'. I checked that and all is well now.

:beer:

Junk said:
gmail sucks. Get something better.

Any basis for this argument? The only solutions that I've seen thats better is my home brew IMAPS and SMTP over TLS. It bouces incoming mail through Spam Assasin , Gmail and my client to scan for spam, and my mailing list messages are pre-sorted on the server.

Gmail has the best web interface, no matter how hard I try to hack Horde/IMP I'll never get it to be that cool.

Outlook is working fine right now .... under XP Corp. If I run into any problems beyond my own stupidity, I'll check into Thunderbird.

TY

Top Bottom