Help with FJ40 throttle linkage. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Kind of a stupid question, I know. Please bear with me. I'm putting my '78 FJ40 back together. It has the arm style throttle linkage as opposed to the cable, and a Weber 38/38 that the P.O. had installed.

I can't find a clean image, or instructions anywhere about how to reassemble to linkage. I took it apart to clean and paint, and now I have no idea how to put it back together...

If someone could post images of their throttle linkage from the firewall to the carb, and maybe some corresponding instructions, I would be very greatful.

Thanks!

Picture worth a thousand words :beer:
It will all make sense as you start tinkering with it!

962B18FF-A61E-4AD7-8DE0-E7B2E939BA07.jpeg

Is there any chance anyone has a picture looking from the firewall toward the carb of the original linkage attached to a WEBER? Thanks in advance.

Is there any chance anyone has a picture looking from the firewall toward the carb of the original linkage attached to a WEBER? Thanks in advance.

I'll post in a few minute.

Thank you. It looks like maybe a third picture was cut-off? Or I don't know how to use this computer......

The bracket on the carb end appears to pick up both the top carb bolts; I'm going to have to look in the box from PO to see if some of this other exists.......I was pleased to the gas pedal and one piece of linkage, but may be missing other parts. Thanks again.

Great photo. One question: how do you know when you have the correct orientation of the rod from the firewall to the carb? I have been trying to tune my carb and it doesn’t seem to go all the way back to a static idle position. I’m not sure if I need a new return spring or if there is something out of alignment with the linkage that is causing it to get hung up. It looks like the picture....but....

is there any spec for how might the vertical rod should rise to rotate the horizontal rod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom