Help with FJ40 1967 steering box missing parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks, looking for help once again. Long story short, I sent my FJ40 to a body show for a complete restoration and they disassembled everything without any inventory control, now multiple parts are missing. Trying to make the 40 run again step by step (now by my own), I'm looking for some steering box parts (shown in the picture) to keep it stock as possible. I hope you guys have a non working 1967 steering box or parting out one that have these parts:

Missing_steering_box_parts.JPG

Thanks in advance

Put an ad in classifieds for a used manual steering box as a plan B. You might get one will all you need to a simple plug and play. Many are removing the manual boxes to put in power steering. Not as highly valued. Could be cheaper and quicker for you.

I am still rebuilding early steering boxes, if you want to send it in. Parts like #12 and #15 are not likely to be exactly what you need, as thicknesses vary, and NEED to vary to properly shim the box. I also have half-step shims that are not in the microfiche that provide an even more precise adjustment,😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom