Help with fault codes on my 80 1fz fe 1995 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.grenadaseafaris.com
Got some really bad lack of power issues when cold, takes 5-10 mins and things get much better but it runs like it has a lawn mower engine under the hood till it warms up, and seriously can't get past 20mph for about a mile, push the gas down hard and it kicks down but still no power, pushing the throttle a few times helps to slowly pick up some speed and a bit of power but basically it's really sick right now, when its warm things are much better.

Ok so it started doing this after the car was left for a month or so, was running rough with lack of power, I couldn't decide if it was an ignition, fuel or air issue, it's done 30,000 miles since I've had it in the last 6 years and I've not really spent much on it so I spoke to crusierdan and ordered new plugs, plug leads, distributor cap and rotor, air filter, and fuel filter, well no improvement with these so the hunt for the fault continues.

Chucked a can of sea foam in with the fuel just to see but no improvement

The intake pipe from the MAF is good

Today I checked the fault codes and got 24 and 31

24 I have found is intake air temp signal fault, ......does anybody no where this sensor is, is it a separate sensor or is the information coming from the MAF

31 I read is air flow meter circuit or vacuum sensor signal, so the MAF is looking suspect here, although I should check the vacuum sensor if anyone know where it is and how to test it, it is possible to do a vac test on the vac system to check its ok.

I think can hear a very small leak from the exhaust somewhere in the engine bay, and I've read this can effect the o2 sensor but I disconnected the sensor and still the same so don't think it's that.

I pulled the fuel pump and all seems to be nice and clean and working ok, although have not had a gauge on it to check pressure.

I don't have anybody with another one of these on the island to swap the maf with so I just need to try and discount as many thing as I can before I start ordering more bits.

So based on the codes if I can trouble shoot this intake temp signal and vacuum sensor signal I will be closer to identifying the problem.......these problems always remind me or Cluedo.......that is apparently called clue in the US.....

Right now I think the crime might have been committed by professor MAF, with the faulty air flow sensor,......in the engine bay

Any other ideas on narrowing down the perpetrator greatly welcomed.

Thanks
H

Sorry to dig up an extremely old post, but what was the outcome? Mines throwing these same codes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom