Help with extra wires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all.. I need to find out what the hell these wires/connectors are, they are on both sides of my 78 fj40 cruiser sticking out from the wheel well corner (or whatever was left of them) as you can see from the pict.

today I worked on the wiring the only two issues are these pair of connectors and the reverse light the PO used several non matching colored wires to make it easier for me :)

thanks
whatwires.jpg

From what I have seen, the only wire that ususally comes through that hole is for the license plate lights. Somewhere in your 40's past someone may have done the "UHaul" wiring method of running wires out from each tail light/brake light on each side for a trailer. See where they go either with power and a test light and/or a multimeter.

Man, I don't miss living in the rust belt! Do you have any more pics of really rusty s***? I have a file full of 40 cancer I've seen on the net. Sick, I know.

license light and side marker light. That's the pass rear.. The tail lamp circuit is tied to the license light and side marker light..

dgangle said:
From what I have seen, the only wire that ususally comes through that hole is for the license plate lights. Somewhere in your 40's past someone may have done the "UHaul" wiring method of running wires out from each tail light/brake light on each side for a trailer. See where they go either with power and a test light and/or a multimeter.

Man, I don't miss living in the rust belt! Do you have any more pics of really rusty s***? I have a file full of 40 cancer I've seen on the net. Sick, I know.

Here's my rust... I think a little rust gives character to a cruiser mine has lots of character, actually I should say "had" most of it is gone but it still has a lot of character

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=47159 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
tornadoalleycruiser said:
license light and side marker light. That's the pass rear.. The tail lamp circuit is tied to the license light and side marker light..

Thanks.. I couldn't know because on my cruiser there are no side marker lights :) the PO rewired the license plate light running a new wire from....

the rear light bulb socket, nice job...not
and I don't understand why, since the two original wires are there and in good shape. I did finished to relocate and rewire the cruiser and so far everthing is working well I did find a couple of wires with connectors under the pass seat that I don't know what they are Iam assuming they are for the dome light or something like that... no big deal who needs a dome light anyway . ;p

on my 71, the dome light wire runs up with the wiper wires, course 78's wipers are below. does it have a rear heater? might be the wires under the seat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom