1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Door Panel Leather Repair

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by bfrank, Aug 14, 2006.

1. bfrank

bfrank

I just bought a '97 Land Cruiser. The leather at the top of the rear passenger door is peeling back. 1) How do I take off the door panel? I can get the bottome 2/3's off, but not the top. 2) What should I use to make the leather stick and look decent?

Thanks,
    bfrank@indy.rr.com
    P8140006.jpg P8140009.jpg

2. concretejungle

concretejungle SILVER Star

there is a little screw behind the actuating handle, one screw behind the front handle on the arm rest and then pop the leather pad on the arm rest to reveal another screw. I think that's all on that.....then just pop the plastic clips away as you pull hte panel away enough to unhook the plug for the window/door controler. THen pull away, up and then off.

3. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    3M adhesive spray works well.

4. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    That is NOT leather, it is vinyl. Test any spray adhesive to make sure it will not attack the vinyl. It would be best to take it to an automotive upholstry shop and ask them to look at it. If you mess it up, the price of a new panel will send you reeling....

D-

5. bfrank

bfrank

Thank you for your help. I'll take it in and see what they say.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">