I cut the heads off of some 12 x 1.25 bolts to use a guides. Chamfered the edges to help guide them in and cut a slot to make removal easier.
Used my harbor freight transmission jack to navigate the beast into position. If you happen to have the same one, I added a nut to the front to adjust with a wrench; the front/back tilt as the knob is difficult to work where it is placed. Used a ratchet strap to pull on clutch fork and center the release bearing. I was prepared to drop the back of the engine but thankfully didn't have to.
I felt like I was docking a capsule to the space station. The last 1/2" would not engage easily; I had my wife hit the clutch a few times at it went right in (thanks @Pin_Head). I thought a band might play or confetti would shoot out the tail pipe. Alas the only sound was a single tear of mine hitting the cold garage floor.