Help with alternator and AC unit reassembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was an idiot and didn't take pictures of how the front end of my stock 83 FJ60 was put together before I started taking off the alternator, bracket and the top half of the AC compressor (which I think is mounted to the alternator bracket). Can someone show me a pick of how it goes together ?

In particular:

fullsizeoutput_242.jpeg

I'll answer the easy question. The engine hook attaches to the side of the head with its own two dedicated bolts.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll answer the easy question. The engine hook attaches to the side of the head with its own two dedicated bolts.

View attachment 1576943
Do those two bolts go through the alternator mounting bracket as well ?

I thought there were 3 holes for the alternator mounting bracket to attach to the block, the top two of which seem to also have the hook thing attached. Am I correct ?

View attachment 1576943

Thanks a lot for the response by the way. I was stupid and didn't take pictures when I took the thing apart which I normally do.

Can you take a shot of the side of the lower part of the alternator/ac setup sort of where the arrow is below ?

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 9.50.51 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom