Help with a LX450 oil leaking buy (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are many threads here about the upper pan arch seal and in can be done in frame. The engine does need to be lifted though.

Do you have an FSM? It goes through the procedure as far as the engine part.

Yea, it looks like some specific tools will be needed for this job. Lifting the engine is quite the challenge for me at this point. I have been reading the posts about upper pan arch leak and it looks like folks are saying that doing the rear crankshaft seal + upper pan arch at the same time seems to be the better bang for the buck, time and effort wise. I think I'll get some quotes for the job and compare $ vs effort. I'm sure it is not complicated to do this with the right tools and a helping buddy.

I do have the fsm and it's good reading. I went through the section that explains how to disconnect the engine a few times, very straight forward. I also have the feeling that not everything is explained in there (of course) but great book to have around while working on the rig.

Thanks again!

Paint (clear coat) does not appear to be peeling which is fairly common. Stone guard recently removed, but that kept the nose of the hood from getting chipped. If you like the color, not bad.

Because its 202 Black, single stage, no clear coat from the factory.

The heater control valve is getting ready to die on you too.

Yea, I was looking at that last Sunday. It is turning into that brown yellowish color too.... Rock auto is a solid choice for parts. Thanks for sharing the link.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom