Help With a Few Unknown Parts From PO Tub-o-Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Inherited the Tub of Parts with 1970 FJ40. I have managed to find where most go but these have me stumped. I would greatly appreciate a little help.
Thanks.

Unknown Parts.1.jpg

Unknown Parts.2.jpg

Unknown Parts.3.jpg

Unknown Parts.4.jpg

Doors. Glass stops at the bottom inside door. That rubber bumper is also the same as an fj45 drivers seat bumpstop. The wing window pivot, and door catch /striker on tub by your arm

Doors. Glass stops at the bottom inside door. That rubber bumper is also the same as an fj45 drivers seat bumpstop. The wing window pivot, and door catch /striker on tub by your arm
Thank you. This was actually extremely helpful. I found the holes for the 2 vent window pivots, and 2 window stops. However, I still need assistance on the door strikes. I already mounted the left and right door strikes which look slightly different than the extra ones. The screw holes are a little closer together on the ones that I cannot account for. See photos. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Photos of vent window pivot and door window stopper are also attached or reference. Thanks.

Unknown Striker.jpg

Unkown Striker.1.jpg

Vent Window Pivot.jpg

Window Stop.jpg

Is that the part that mounts on the door rather than the body?

Is that the part that mounts on the door rather than the body?
Perhaps? Does anyone have a photo that they wouldn't mind sharing? I have 2 of the door striker things that are unaccounted for.
Thanks.

This page show two strikers in the drawing. No pic :-(

My bad... One is a striker and one is a stop.

My bad... One is a striker and one is a stop.
Well, that solves part of the mystery. Thank you! Now I just have to figure out the correct nomenclature and where to install. I assume that I have already installed the correct parts on the body because the holes lined up. Not sure if those are called door strikes or stoppers. The extra pieces will be either door stops or strikers and I will look when I get hoe at where those go on the doors themselves.. This Forum is a terrific resource.
Thank you again.

Striker is on the body.
Stop is on the door.
(based on SOR page)

That pivot mounts on the OUTSIDE of the door.
Got it. Huge "Thank you". I have no glass yet and I'm simply dry fitting stuff for now, but it is extremely useful to know the correct mounting for when I actually do the assembly. This Forum is really great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom