Help with a Divorce on December 8th? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crap won't be able to make it as the is our gyms annual Christmas party. Could do sunday the 9th though.

Thanks for your willingness to come help @gregnash! Drop on by if you can squeeze it in! It looks like we'll be meeting around 1PM and you can leave whenever you like. :)

A huge thanks to @Hillhusler, @lelandEOD, @WILLD420, @airon23, and @Krusty Krab for their hands and experience today. I enjoyed having you guys over and appreciate all the wisdom, knowledge, and help. The Great Divorce is complete!

IMG_20181208_171837.jpg

It was fun and we were able to knock it out pretty quickly. good times.

It was good to finally meet you in person! You gonna make the meeting on Thursday?

I can't this Thursday unfortunately. I'd like to make it out one of these days again. I've been about once every 5 years maybe. But it would be cool to hang out with everyone again. My thing is I'm not the big wheeler per se. I'm a little more of the enthusiast and collector than I am the wheeler. I've been getting to know and grow my confidence in my stock 40 for the last couple years just to trust that when I want to take it somewhere it won't leave me stuck. But yes I'll meet up and maybe one of these days actually officially join the club and go on a run or 2. In the mean time I like tinkering with these like what we did yesterday and can maybe lend a hand whenever someone in the club needs.

You don't have to go wheeling to drink beer and talk about cruisers. It helps, but it's not required.

I'm currently in the process of rebuilding/refreshing my hard top so there's a chance if anyone wants to learn and help with something like that one of these days. Probably after the new year I'm thinking.

I'd be happy to help! My hard top resto won't be for a while, but it never hurts to some knowledge ahead of time. Lemme know with as much advance as possible and I'll try to make it over.

@Krusty Krab - I took your advice and spoke with Georg today about gearing. He is going to do an Orion for me. I won't be paying full price. We are doing some horsetrading to offset the costs.

I also spoke with Eric at Dr. Smash. He's quoting out the chassis mods to strengthen it up and also install the steering components once I have it back to a rolling chassis.

Thanks again to everyone lending both their muscle and brain cells to my project. :)

I think you'll be happy with that. More than anything that makes even mild wheeling more fun if your not having to bang over stuff. Easier on the whole drive train as well. Good you don't have to pay full price on the Orion,cause they get pricey. Rusty has been happy with his. Remember our club motto is "We're here to help you spend your money" :D

The five Ls are so important. In this order, larger tires, lockers, lower gears, lift and keep it lite. Some might argue the order but these are the the components that put the fun and capability in four wheeling/off roading.

I'd be happy to help! My hard top resto won't be for a while, but it never hurts to some knowledge ahead of time. Lemme know with as much advance as possible and I'll try to make it over.
Probably not the best timing but I'm thinking I'll probably start early next year like first week of January just because I have some time off. I don't know how far I'll get but I bought some stuff to start it at least.

Probably not the best timing but I'm thinking I'll probably start early next year like first week of January just because I have some time off. I don't know how far I'll get but I bought some stuff to start it at least.

I have a couple of business trips in the first quarter, so I'll come freeze my fingers off with you when I'm in town. :hillbilly:

If you are doing resto work on the top, just remember that long open sections of sheet metal grow and shrink a lot with heat and cold. It's easy to get a dent that will crawl all over the panel as you try to get it straight.

Agree with @WILLD420 . One of the best investments I made last year was one of those parabolic heater discs from Costco. Point that at the panel I was planning to work on, on LOW setting, and go inside and warm up for a good 15 minutes. Come out and the entire panel should be nice and warm. Doesn't have to be overly close, just enough that you can still feel the warmth getting to the panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom