Help wiring Volvo Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
I just got my 60 back from Georg at Valley Hybrids and although he had time to mount my beautiful volvo seats, he didn't have time to wire them - and they are way out of position for me. From reading other posts I thought that just the red and black were required to get the seats to moved and all the rest of the wires aren't need for seat motion - did I miss something? I'm hoping to drive the rig to Yosemite with my 8 year old tomorrow - any help would be appreciated.

Peter

I don't know year or model volve these are out of - but they are not that old. They are memory seats. If someone could give me general guidance - do i need to power up the computer for the seats to work at all?

Peter

hey peter.
if you can't find the info you need on those sites i can check with a local mechanic buddy of mine. he's a volvo/mercedes expert and i'm sure he can figure it out for us.
hth
georg

OK, so this turned out to be waaaay more complicated than I ever bargined for. Turns out the seat I got is from a late model Volvo that requires a CAN connection between the seat and the computer. I cracked open the seat controller hoping there would be an easy way to bypass the CAN and get power to the seats and inside there's a very dense pc board with lots of chips. So, I got a controller from an earlier model Volvo seat that only required 12v, but the connectors on the back that go to the motors are different.

Creative suggestions are welcome.

Peter

OK, so this turned out to be waaaay more complicated than I ever bargined for. Turns out the seat I got is from a late model Volvo that requires a CAN connection between the seat and the computer. I cracked open the seat controller hoping there would be an easy way to bypass the CAN and get power to the seats and inside there's a very dense pc board with lots of chips. So, I got a controller from an earlier model Volvo seat that only required 12v, but the connectors on the back that go to the motors are different.

Creative suggestions are welcome.

Peter

find the motors that control the seat, then find their wire leads and wire them directly through the controls if possible. If not maybe install a toggle switch and run them through that. It might not be ideal but may work. Have you confirmed that the motors are just simple 12v motors? If so, I would think once you find the wires that go directly to them, you should be in good shape. You may end up needed a couple of toggle switches to operate the different motors if there is more than one.

I dont work much with 12v stuff so I may be way off here, but hopefuly this is the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom