Help - Wiring seat heaters w/ Corbeau seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks! I bought a set of Corbeau Sport seats with added seat heaters and the hand pump lumbar bladders. I'm a little green when it comes to wiring so I'm hoping for some help on two things. Sorry if this has already been discussed but I have searched around quite a bit and haven't found exactly what I need.

1) Where can I get power for the heaters? My thought would be find a hot wire in the vehicle side plug still under the seat and connect there. However, I don't think I have any connectors that will fit into the factory plug. I don't want to cut any connectors off in case I end up wanting to put the factory power seats back in in the future.

2) The factory seat connects to one plug through a hole in the carpet. This then splits off to power the motors and connect to the seatbelt harness. I'm not sure how to connect the seatbelt harness now that the wiring in the seat with the pigtail is gone. Again, I am trying to not remove any factory connectors in case I end up wanting to use them again.

The pictures are of the seat heater wiring and plug that came with the Corbeau seat.

Thanks in advance for the direction!

Seat heater wiring.jpg

Seat heater wiring plug.JPG

Last edited:
Can you use the seat heater plugs that are under the center console?

Can you use the seat heater plugs that are under the center console?
I'd like to, but I'm not sure the wiring will support the demands of the new seat heaters. Last thing I want is to melt a wire and start a fire. The heater kit that came with the seats only has a red and black wire. The rest is up to me (the unexperienced auto electrician) to figure out.

I just installed a kit that looks similar to yours. See the wiring diagram here. The blue/white striped wire worked perfectly, there's also a ground point under the forward half of the console.
So you just used a quick splice connector? Did you need to add a relay?

Has anyone successfully installed aftermarket seats and wired up the seat belt warning switch to work properly?

Yes, quick splice connectors. My kit came with relays built into the wiring harness.
Do you know how many amps your heaters draw? What size fuse did you use?

That's what mine came with. Thanks for the input uscmas412.

One last question: You installed the heaters into your stock seats correct? I'm still trying to figure out how to connect the seatbelt harness so the warning light won't come on.

That's what mine came with. Thanks for the input uscmas412.

One last question: You installed the heaters into your stock seats correct? I'm still trying to figure out how to connect the seatbelt harness so the warning light won't come on.
Bump

The seat heaters in my rzr draw about 5 amps per seat on the high setting. If you're worried about the factory wiring taking the load then just use one of the factory hots under the center console (preferably one that's ignition controlled) to run through a switch and trigger a relay that has a main lead directly back to the battery.

I ended up modifying a connector to fit in the factory seat heater plug and it works fine so far. The seatbelt light doesn’t even come on without the plug connected so that was easier than I thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom