Help wiring Albright DC88 with Warn 8074 (8274's sister)... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

also quick question on the diagram language - what does it mean by "Isolator Switch" ? in between the positive Battery terminal and the positive terminal on the albright ?

like a quick disconnect? and if it doesnt mean quick disconnect - i was planning on putting one in - would that suffice as the so called "isolator switch" .. if not what is it and what is it for>?

Albright Wiring Diagram.JPG

also quick question on the diagram language - what does it mean by "Isolator Switch" ? in between the positive Battery terminal and the positive terminal on the albright ?

like a quick disconnect? and if it doesnt mean quick disconnect - i was planning on putting one in - would that suffice as the so called "isolator switch" .. if not what is it and what is it for>?

View attachment 2802365

Yes, a disconnect or high-amperage switch will work.

i plan on disconnecting the winch from the battery when not needed for use. Will use a Hyclatt quick disconnect for this that I got off Amazon. Whenever i need to use it (winch) i just get out, open hood connect the quick disconnect and bam winch has power..that was my plan...
shopping.png

i plan on disconnecting the winch from the battery when not needed for use. Will use a Hyclatt quick disconnect for this that I got off Amazon. Whenever i need to use it (winch) i just get out, open hood connect the quick disconnect and bam winch has power..that was my plan...View attachment 2803004

Not familiar with that brand, but they look not dissimilar from Anderson Power Poles which are a good product. Just make sure they rated for the high amperage that your winch will draw on start-up.

I like my quick disconnects idea and im sticking with it because ultimately i dont want it pulling from the battery while its not in use. therefore i will always have it disconnected and then just connedct away when i want or need to use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom