HELP!! White smoke coming from intake! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure what year this Yamaha Wolverine 450 is but she was running perfectly fine yesterday and then sputtered out. Never liked to idle and was a pain in the ass to start. Now it just turns over and pours white smoke from carburetor intake, smells like burnt carbon... Almost like the i soaked the cylinder in sea foam. Any ideas? It's got 1600 miles on it. Thanks

Sounds like it's running a little bit too lean. Try adjusting your mixture screw and richen it up a little bit.

Good idea.. I pulled the plug out and sprayed starter fluid in the cylinder with no avail. Not even a slight pop. Thinking timeing chain slipped and I bent a valve or a seal went bad. Going to rent a compression tester now.

Good idea.. I pulled the plug out and sprayed starter fluid in the cylinder with no avail. Not even a slight pop. Thinking timeing chain slipped and I bent a valve or a seal went bad. Going to rent a compression tester now.

Try turning the motor by hand. If the cylinder went up and hit the valve you would feel it stop turning.

Yeah, it’s got 40 PSI worth of compression. Idk wtf happened. Gotta tear it apart this weekend.

Yeah, it’s got 40 PSI worth of compression. Idk wtf happened. Gotta tear it apart this weekend.

Oh yeah that's not good at all. Good luck - keep me posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom