Help: which jerry can holder made this mark? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know what jerry can holder made this mark? I’ve been told it’s possibly a con-fer holder. Anyone know more details or where I can get a replacement?
07F9F2BD-7201-4714-B0E8-C8583688BA02.jpeg
F9DFF088-1920-41F9-9616-AED1A23F927E.jpeg

Definitely not a con-fear, con-ferr would not have the bolt hole on the center line of the bracket, all their bolt holes are down both sides.

Last edited:
I’m thinking I’ll just fab something to go here if I can’t find the original. I know I’ve seen cruisers with them cans here. Just can find the patterns.

I've gone places where I had to swing my mirrors all the way against the body, so don't guess a gas can strapped to the side of my rig would have made it ???

Seems similar to Confer, could have been a home brew. Had an aftermarket jerry can holder on the ds of my truck when I bought it. Never had an issue with clearance even when passing bidirectional traffic on narrow mountain passes. However I would not recommend mounting one there unless it’s got a metal support plate or at least some huge washers to distribute the weight. Have seen a few form cracks in the sheetmetal around the holes due to fatigue when loaded. For this reason I pulled mine off preemptively. I would go for a rear mount oem style carrier instead.

8101A6B9-F777-40F1-8252-30896270E3CA.jpeg
2E360F78-D01B-4071-95D7-54D2C47C560C.jpeg

even if you find that carrier, there's nearly a 100% chance that they accepted the old Blitz cans that are gone from endless lawsuits fueled
by drunks pouring gas directly from their gas can to a burning fire. Drinking was usually involved

View attachment 3099704View attachment 3099705

Seems similar to Confer, could have been a home brew. Had an aftermarket jerry can holder on the ds of my truck when I bought it. Never had an issue with clearance even when passing bidirectional traffic on narrow mountain passes. However I would not recommend mounting one there unless it’s got a metal support plate or at least some huge washers to distribute the weight. Have seen a few form cracks in the sheetmetal around the holes due to fatigue when loaded. For this reason I pulled mine off preemptively. I would go for a rear mount oem style carrier instead.

View attachment 3099743View attachment 3099742

I have one of the Confer carriers somewhere. It looks like the one @lcwizard posted. Have a bunch of the old jerry cans. Other than the fact these leak fumes easier than new style I perfer them. New cans I hate the way a rarea has to be depressed than hold pressure o
A section to allow fuel to flow. Doesn’t work on my late 1970's vehicles with the smaller door for the unleaded fuel nozzles. Spout doesn't even reach the spring loaded door. Always end up siphoning fuel out the can. Guess I lived long enough to know booze does not mix with gas or guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom