Help, what is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1991 FJ80. Don't know what is that box in the picture. Any help would be great. Thanks.

1991 FJ80 Box Underneath Dash.jpeg

Does that black piece come out? My guess is it's one of those security things where the car wont start without it, kinda like an extra key.

Does that black piece come out? My guess is it's one of those security things where the car wont start without it, kinda like an extra key.
^^ That's my guess as well.

The back thing does not come off. It has a cable behind it that goes in the direction of the fuse box, but I cannot tell if it gets to the fuse box or not. Strange.

Remove it and cut all the wires. Then see what no longer works.

This is my take, whatever it is it didn't come from Mr T, so get rid of it while it's still parked in your driveway, before it decides to gives you problems when your miles from home.

Point well taken. I'll be doing so once I determine that taking it out will cause problems. She is just being driven locally until baseline is complete. Thanks.

Maybe it was part of one of those breathalyzer kits they put in cars when people get a DUI, and when the time was finished or it was sold it was permanently enabled with that black key looking part. (No I am not speaking from experience)

Maybe it was part of one of those breathalyzer kits they put in cars when people get a DUI, and when the time was finished or it was sold it was permanently enabled with that black key looking part. (No I am not speaking from experience)

Wouldn't be one of those. Those are owned by the installer and rented by the vehicle owner. They are removed when the time is up.

You say its going into fuse box. could it be a relocation of odp port?

I frankly don't know, but does not look like. The port seems for a chip or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom