HELP: well fitting premoulded carpets for lj73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
in the market to find some new carpets for an 1988 lj73 and i am looking for pointers from anyone else who has replaced theirs. wondering where people have sourced them in the past and if they fit well or not. looking for something with the littlest modifications and cutting necessary!

Hello,

Are you looking for a front or a rear carpet? Or both?

It is possible that the carpet for that MY truck is discontinued.

You can try looking for a newer model (1999 on) truck carpet.

It is easier to source carpets directly from Toyota or through a vendor such as Japan4x4. Suppliers like PartSouq do not have them.

Juan

Last edited:
There are a few threads in the forum concerning this topic, which I researched a while ago for my BJ73. I'm on the road so I can't look them up. Please do a search.
In short and from memory:
Original parts are discontinued.
There are a very few aftermarket offers for the vinyl flooring. I personally didn't see any for carpets (but I also didn't look for carpets).
There is one offer from Australia for vinyl flooring, which has a bad reputation for quality and fit:

In general, front section of the vinyl flooring from newer models fits with slight modification on the shifter gap. There are a few hacks documented how to do it on the vinyl flooring. I assume this would also hold true for the carpet, but to relocate the shifter gap in a neat way might be more difficult on a carpet.
Good luck Ralf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom