help w/ engine bay noise - fan shroud loose? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
at 20 to 40mph I'm getting a low frequency sound that builds in this range - sounds like a busted subwoofer sort of crossed with putting a playing card in my bicycle spokes for fun. At first I thought it was my sub but checked and it's not - happens with stereo off.

I have some adjustable TJM shocks with over 100k miles that need replacing soon and was thinking maybe something here as I recently made an adjustment to a softer setting. So it's possible the shocks are going bad and causing this vibration.

However,
Can anyone confirm that the fan shroud should NOT be loose on the bottom corner?
Mine is secure along the top where it bolts into the back of the radiator plastic flanges but the bottom passenger corner has about 3/4" play/loose gap to it and the shroud can easily flop front the back.

I'm guessing the vibration/sound is the loose fan shroud.

It should NOT be loose on any corner. The bottom half slides into two slots to secure it, then pull it to the front and secure it with bolts.

Make sure your fan is not contacting it anywhere.

It should NOT be loose on any corner. The bottom half slides into two slots to secure it, then pull it to the front and secure it with bolts.

Make sure your fan is not contacting it anywhere.
Thank you BILT4ME.
I got the shroud back on - bottom tab slipped out somehow.

vibration/noise still there so checking front shock going bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom