help w/ ac (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my 85 is blowing cold, well, whispering cold. had it charged and serviced, i just can't get any volume to make it to the vents. blower is working, i pulled it and powered it. the ac guy said he just thinks something is blocking the air flow. any suggestions? your help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Do you have air blowing out of any of the outlets: floor, def or vents?

I'd check the connection on the controls first and foremost, and make sure the routing is working okay. If you have an FSM, it will tell you how to pull everything out, but you won't be able to yank out your evap, which is pretty central, if you have to get in that deep. You could just have a broken cable. Do you feel any tension when you try to slide the controls around?

Also, did this work before and just happen, or has it always been like this?

i was hoping you'd answer since you're the resident ac expert now. i have air blowing out of all the vents. different speeds too. it has been like this for the 2 yrs i've had it. thanks for your wisdom

Well, I think I'm the expert...but I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for a long, long time...

Is it blowing out of all of the vents at the same time? (incl. def, and floor)

My bet is still routing though. There's all sorts of little trap doors and crap in there...I need to get into mine soon because I have a really stupid air leak in the pass side footwell. When the switch is on 'fresh' it's not there, flip it to 'rec' and instead of closing it up, fresh air blows in from the firewall. :rolleyes: Probably going to take another 3-4 years to fix that one...

How Do You Drop The Bottom Of The Box That Houses The Condenser? I've Pulled Clips And Screws And Can See The Top Of The Coil, Covered With 20 Yrs Of Crap, But Can't Get The Bottom All The Way Off. Do I Need To Pull Other Pieces First?

answered my own ? i dc'd the hoses from the engine side of the firewall. whole box w/ condenser came out rather easily. coils were solid w/ crap. no wonder the air flow was so poor. any recommendations for cleaner for the coils?

i was thinking,, dead rat,,,,

rightlane said:
any recommendations for cleaner for the coils?

If it can be cleaned, alcohol and compressed air will usually work.

If not, take it to Performance Rad and have em go through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom