Help value a project....1991 80 series 246k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ran up on a project 80 that I might take a swing at but I admittedly know alot more about 100 series. Can yall help value this rig for me. 1991 Non triple locked 246k miles. Not very rusty underneath at all. NC and SC truck its whole life....3 owners prior.

******Used as a lake house boat trailer rig for last 11 yrs......sat inside storage for last 24 months....until Jan 2022.

Since Jan 2022:
-Rear end has been 100% professionally rebuilt
-Oil changed
-Front end services with new fluids and grease
-Brake lines bled and inspected
-New battery

Needs I know of:
-Power steering leak...looks to be at reservoir area
-Trans service and flush
-inspect remainder of brake system
-professional detail
-replace tires...like I wouldn't anyway!

What kinda value would you put on this thing?

LC1.jpg
LC2.jpg
LC3.jpg
LC4.jpg

If i remember right, factory parts for the engine used in that truck are now getting few and far in between. That's something you might want to check out before you buy.

I like the seats and I don't see any signs of a sunroof - although that might just be the camera angle. The mileage is nothing so if the frame is solid and your not looking for something to drag race with then it is worth a punt. The 3FE isn't my thing so it isn't something I would bid on in the first place but with gas prices where they are now you might get lucky with a low bid like @bhsdriller suggests.

Not an auction...just a friend of a friend type deal......I two worry about head gaskets etc and the unknown

The 3FE isn't known for being hard on head gaskets. If you can get it for $2 or $3K I think the unknowns are probably worth the risk.

$40,000.00

Pre-pandemic: $3,000 - $4,000.

Mid-pandemic: $5,000 - $10,000.

Mid-fuel-panic: ???

Mid-WWIII: scrap value.

The "needs a transmission service" bit worries me. If it's just overdue for a fluid change, no big deal, but that phrase often means that the seller is experiencing transmission problems that are expensive to fix. The A440F *is* about as bulletproof as they come, though.

As always, plan on around $2,000 in parts and materials to fully baseline it. Assuming you can still get the parts, of course...

Doesn’t have a trans issue currently…..just something I would do as preventative

If you can get that thing for a decent deal it would be a perfect candidate for a v8 swap. Rust free and white, it doesn't get any better than that.

Don't buy it for an investment. If gas prices go up, a lot, like $10 per gallon which is very possible value will drop.

Buy it to enjoy and you want to keep it. If not, pass.

No sunroof + no roof rack + and no running boards + manual cloth seats + fore big pluses!!

Grab it !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom