Help understanding difference between LC and LX front seat foam pad cushion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

neilsen100

GOLD Star
Threads
I've exhausted my search capabilities and have not found an answer as it relates to the 100 series seats, only info on the 80 series.

I'm about to order new leather seat covers for the two front seats in my 1999 LX470 and would like to replace the bottom seat cushion pads at the same time. Looking through part numbers on partssouq.com and availability here in the States it appears that Toyota have...

For the LX470:
Production dates 01.1998 - 08.2002
Left hand side 71502-60100; is available at about $230.00
Right hand side 71501-60060; is available at about $300.00

Production dates 08.2002 - 08.2007
same part numbers as earlier years

For the Land Cruiser:
Production dates 01.1998 - 08.2002
Left hand side 71512-60120; is available at about $150.00
Right hand side 71501-60110; is discontinued (McGeorge shows 71511-60130 at $160.00 as the replacement pad but this part number is not on partsouq.com diagram that I can find)

Production dates 08.2002 - 08.2007
Left hand side 71502-60090; is available at about $170.00
Right hand side 71501-60070; is available at $220.00 and McGeorge lists as with leather??

Changing part numbers for model year is understandable to me, Toyota updates the part slightly and needs a new number. I partially understand the driver side (left) being cheaper since it is more likely to be replaced and therefore more were made. But I don't understand and have not found the difference between the LC and LX foam.

1) Does anyone know the difference between the LC and LX foam pads?
2) Does anyone know if these are cross compatible. I'd much prefer to buy from a Toyota parts supplier at the lower price.
3) Any LX470 owners replaced their foam pad and if so, what part number did you go with?

Any help or insight is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 7.57.15 AM.png

The only possible difference I could see is that the covers attach to steel rods molded into the seat bottom foam with hog rings. If the seams on the covers are in different spots, the rods would have to be as well. BUT - the photos I looked at of LX and LC covers look pretty darn close, so not sure if this is actually the case or not.

Just curious, but what is the difference that makes the seat cushion a "left" or a "right"? If they are the same, you could put a driver's side seat cushion on the passenger side.

Just curious, but what is the difference that makes the seat cushion a "left" or a "right"? If they are the same, you could put a driver's side seat cushion on the passenger side.
They are different. Check where belt is. And I'm not 100% sure but looks like they are not simmetrical. In any case I'm sure they can be made to work, but not ideal. I'm going to re-do front seats and because left seat cheaper (driver) thats all I need. Passenger seat don't need new foam anyways.

@neilsen100 did you figure this out? I am thinking about updating the seat bottom for my 98 LX

@neilsen100 did you figure this out? I am thinking about updating the seat bottom for my 98 LX
Never did. I haven't redone my seat leather yet since other things came up. Never heard from the group either.

not sure if the stitching in the covers affects the foam, the LC and LX covers have a slightly different pattern and how they are stitched.
overall it seems minor but maybe is the difference???

If you take your seat to a trimmer for the refurbishment, I am sure they will be able to simply craft a new cushion out of foam. Will probably be cheaper than oem part too

They are different. They will work, I bought a passenger cushion with the leather as a takeoff from another truck and put it on mine, and it did require some modification but it did fit. The difference is to clear the seatbelt but I notice no difference in comfort or function. If you are putting a new cover on, I would suggest you use a drivers side cushion, not a passenger, even if the cushion is passenger, because of the way it mounts to the seat backing plate itself. Look at pictures of the cushions and you will note the difference. I don't know how hard it will be to put a drivers cover on a passengers cushion, not terribly I imagine, but I haven't tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom