Help: TRD supercharger install. I need a copy of the supplement ECU instructions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I have finally gotten around to install my TRD Supercharger kit in a 99LX. Looking through my kit...there seems to be some mention of a supplement ECU manual for the LC/LX?? Does anyone have a copy of this supplement? I have the main manual for the ECU kit install.

Thanks for your help and I will post results. ;)

Dave

Dave,

I have one. Do you have a fax? I can copy it and mail it you. Let me know what you need and we'll take care of it.

Sending email right now. Thanks!!!!!

Update,

I4c had the same instructions I had. In the TRD ECU install manual on page 11, step 7 refers to a LC/LX supplement ECU manual. Has anyone ever seen this supplement ecu manual??

Thanks,
Dave

I've seen the manuals on TRD's web site before.. the link for the ECU manual brings up the install manual instead unfortunately.. try emailing them..

Siglo,

Thanks and yep, the manuals online from TRD are for supercharger install only. That said, I have tried to call TRD and nobody picks up the phone. Doh

Officially, TRD will not support in any manner the V8 supercharger. The removal from market is very fishy. snif, snif

I was talking to an employee from AEM last week at SEMA and he said the Tundra rods were the weak link and there were some blown up motors. I dont know if that was the reason for pulling the TRD supercharger but it could be. I do think the Landcruiser longblock is different and the above member in this thread has run the V8 supercharger on his LC100 for over 70k miles. Wow

Cheers and still looking for that elusive supplement.

Dave

Final Update!!!

I have the ECU supplement in my hot little hands. Thanks TRD Bob!!! and Sincity100!

For future reference, if anyone ever needs a copy...please feel free to contact me directly. I will keep all of the manuals and supplements on file.

Supercharger install this weekend.

Cheers

I've had the supercharger for about four months and had an awful intermittent squeeling noise. Bummed me out after having spent all that money on the upgrade. After a few experiments, ending up being a misaligned idler pulley. Had it shimmed and put on a new belt and the results were amazing. Make sure your belt pulleys are all in alignment!

The reason TRD stopped supporting the V8 SC program.... guess which rod is in the Land Cruiser V8?
IMG_0071.JPG

Middle is my guess, less weight for smoother rev's. If they used forged instead of the process they are using, it might be good to go. any how what are the different rods. robbie

bjowett said:
The rods are 1UZ 2UZ and 3UZ

There is some great info on Lextreme... link to rod information below.

http://www.lextreme.com/rods.html

Yes, good information here. I will still say that the early Landcruiser rods are of the HD nature. A fellow member has run the TRD supercharger for over 70k and has total mileage over 120k with some hard core driving and off roading.

Good stuff, my TRD goes in this weekend.

Dave

bjowett said:
The reason TRD stopped supporting the V8 SC program.... guess which rod is in the Land Cruiser V8?
IMG_0071.JPG

Oh, by the way. It is not by accident that as the years went by the parts got cheaper. Cost cutting?? Make more Corollas, cut raw material costs, stop the over engineering. ect, ect.

The Supra crowd has been weary of later model 2JZ engines for years. And Toyota started building the replacement 2JZ down in Mexico. You can imagine how long those engines lasted before spinning rod and main bearings. :doh:

Ditto for the VVTi 2JZ as the rods will not handle big power adders.

Oh well, I will put this supercharger on and give it the boost. I can always rebuild it down the road.

Cheers

Supercharger install this weekend!!:doh:

If you can handle a starter contact install.....you can install your TRD supercharger.

Final Update!!!

I have the ECU supplement in my hot little hands. Thanks TRD Bob!!! and Sincity100!

For future reference, if anyone ever needs a copy...please feel free to contact me directly. I will keep all of the manuals and supplements on file.

Supercharger install this weekend.

Cheers
Hi Toylexmode - can you help please. I can not find TRD ECU manual and been trying to install TRD Supercharger for LX470. I would appreciate very much for this. Please

Hi Toylexmode - can you help please. I can not find TRD ECU manual and been trying to install TRD Supercharger for LX470. I would appreciate very much for this. Please
FWIW, you're not likely to hear back from him - his last post on MUD was >15 years ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom