Help Sourcing specific LED Headlight for FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Before creating this thread, I did a search for Trucklite and didnt find this exact light.

Does anyone know where I can get these ?

main.php

Yep,
These were the original series made by Truck-Lite. They're no longer available. They were out less than a year before changing to the new design.
kb40.jpg

Thank you, I will contimplate the new design. Anyone have pics of the new Trucklite's on a FJ40 ?

they don't look like they belong on a 40.....they do look good on the newer jeep

Damn. $500 for a pair of headlights. They must be extra good.

Damn. $500 for a pair of headlights. They must be extra good.

I have a 2013 Land Rover Defender, replaced the OEM lights with Nolden LED (huge difference).

I ran the new Trucklites (27270C) on my FJ60 for almost 2 years and it was the BEST money I ever spent on a motor vehicle.

Now I have a 40, and I am contemplating which direction to go for LED's, as I just can't go back to weak sealed beams. I would rather spend the coin on LED headlights than got the SLCFJ62 relay, Roundeye/Cibie/Osram, etc.

The real question is this:

1. Spend crazy money for the JW Speaker 8700 evo 2's, which have the best light penetration and pattern, but look like a bug-eyed alien?
2. Buy the same Trucklites I had (the second-gem, current 27270Cs) which to me, don't look as original.
3. Buy the first-generation Trucklites (27250C), which throw less light, but look more stock to me?

The 27250's can be found on eBay; right now there are a bunch available as military vehicle take offs requiring a new spade connector, and a bit of soldering, but easy to do.

The first gen light output is pretty poor compared to the others. I absolutely love my 8700's, but you're right, they are not for every 40. Part of the reason I had my bezel powder coated black was to have my headlights not stand out as much. One thing I don't like about the trucklites is how much they stick out from the bezel. The Speakers are as flush as OEM.

20151020_182226_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Jet,

Thanks. I'm not trying to call your great looking rig a bug eyed alien. I just don't know if it's the look for me. Do you have any other shots of your truck? Have you run the original Trucklites, and can you compare them to stock sealed beams?

I would take the relatively more stock look of Trucklite V1 with relatively less light output for relatively less money. Maybe that will be what I try first.

You gotta love the name of those LEDs!

How are the H4 LED vs newer Trucklites in downroad visibility?

I have not seen examples of H4 led in a FJ40 at night.

Edit just found Sarge's write up:

Metric TLC E-vision LED H4 install

Difference to me seems more wide spread of light with the Trucklites. Still would like a head to head comparison.

Last edited:
LED bulbs of H4 type are available in ebay & a good quality pair about 6000 Lumen will be around $ 60. Japanese Headlights (KOITO or STANLEY makes) made for H4 type Halogen bulbs could be sourced from used parts shops.

I have fitted this combination & now high/low beams are super bright. No more "Yellow" hated beams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom