Help sourcing Rear control arms or bushing replacement??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have used search, went through 6 pages and tons of threads but I cannot find what I am looking for. What is the most economical way to address cracked and worn Rear control arm bushings? My uppers are cracked big time and I think this is the source of much of my "wandering" on road. Looked at Rockauto, and nothing there. Lexus OEM is over $200 each. What are you guys doing to bring these beasts back into some sort of decent on road manners? Pressing in new bushings? Or, is there a bolt on replacement assembly available? Thank you in advance!

RearCALex.jpg

I bought new toyota bushings and pressed them in. I was trying to save money, because I am replacing all the bushings. If the lowers are 20 years old, so are tge other bushings. You might as well do both the upper and lower, as well as the pan hard.

This has made a huge improvement in drivability for my truck.

What's it take to do this job, can I crawl under and just wrench away with a little side to side adjustments with the floor jack to line it all up?

Looks like my coil will get in the way of the upper bolts, is this an issue or is it an easy job? Mine look ok but the trucks getting old and I've replaced just about everything else, might as well swap these out too.

1/2 :banana:. Not a ton of room to work near the coils, but enough. Keep the floor jack handy if you need to move the axle around to align the eyes. Took me about an hour with beer in hand.

1/2 :banana:. Not a ton of room to work near the coils, but enough. Keep the floor jack handy if you need to move the axle around to align the eyes. Took me about an hour with beer in hand.
Nice...good to know.

Visually I see no issues with the rubber but who knows. It's been on the list for a while..maybe one day

What's it take to do this job, can I crawl under and just wrench away with a little side to side adjustments with the floor jack to line it all up?

Looks like my coil will get in the way of the upper bolts, is this an issue or is it an easy job? Mine look ok but the trucks getting old and I've replaced just about everything else, might as well swap these out too.
Easy to do. Don’t need a Jack and don’t need to take the wheels off. A good ratchet strap is all one needs to maneuver the axle around and get the holes lined up. I replaced all 4 with the tires on the ground.

I bought new toyota bushings and pressed them in. I was trying to save money, because I am replacing all the bushings. If the lowers are 20 years old, so are tge other bushings. You might as well do both the upper and lower, as well as the pan hard.

This has made a huge improvement in drivability for my truck.
From whee did you buy OEM bushings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom