Wanted help sourcing 70 series parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Windshield 5611-60220. Delivered, does not fit.

I got 56111-60220 for my HZJ77 and it fit just fine.

Make sure you get the right rubber gasket for it. If you don't want the chrome trim installed back on it, then 56121-60120 is that part you want.

windshield cost.JPG

gasket cost.JPG

It was cheaper for me (that is also including the shipping cost) to get a new windshield from partsouq which also came without any damage at my front doorstep. They packaged it very well.

Prior to that, I had ordered one from a local dealer and it was a PITA because it was broken on one corner. If you go the local dealer route, be sure you check it over very well before you leave with it!

I got three from the dealer one time, brought the box home and opened it up about a month later, all three were cracked. So yes, definitely check the glass before accepting delivery.

Thanks all, for confirming the part number. I wonder if they delivered the wrong glass? It went to a buddies body shop who is doing the window install. I'll have him check the numbers.

The delivered windshield was wrong and for a 60 series from 1985-1987, looks like there are only a couple 70 windshield available in the US and a bunch stuck on a boat off SoCal. But the right one should be coming.

I do have a question the dealer could not answer. There are two versions of the back door glass for each side. Does anybody know what "TEM," TT" or "EMTT mean in the parts description? My first thought is its either tempered, laminated, and/or defrost but the dealer can't answer nor any of the other sites selling the windows. I do know the window I put the kayak through was tempered and not laminated. Well at least not until I covered it with clear tape.

Glass, Back Door
  • 68131-60320
    *TEM,T=3.5,RH,*TEM,T=3.5

• 68131-60330
  • *EHTT,T=3.5,RH,*EHTT,T=3.5

• 68132-60150
  • *TT,T=3.5,LH,*TT,T=3.5

• 68132-60160
    *EHTT,T=3.5,LH,*EHTT,T=3.5

Last edited:
The delivered windshield was wrong and for a 60 series from 1985-1987, looks like there are only a couple 70 windshield available in the US and a bunch stuck on a boat off SoCal. But the right one should be coming.

You have to be careful when ordering parts from the local dealer if you own a 70 series here. The same one that ordered me the damaged windshield apparently thought a 80 series rubber weatherstrip would work.

Just don't even bother giving the "parts professional" at your local dealer anything other than direct part numbers. No VIN, year or anything else. If they don't like that, then go to another dealer, buy online or use one of the great ih8mud vendors.

Glass, Back Door
  • 68131-60320
    *TEM,T=3.5,RH,*TEM,T=3.5

• 68131-60330
  • *EHTT,T=3.5,RH,*EHTT,T=3.5

• 68132-60150
  • *TT,T=3.5,LH,*TT,T=3.5

• 68132-60160
    *EHTT,T=3.5,LH,*EHTT,T=3.5

TEM,T=3.5 = Tempered 3.5mm
EHTT,T = 3.5 = Electrically heated tinted tempered glass, 3.5mm
TT = Tinted tempered
RH = rusty hut or might be Right Hand.
:)

Just don't even bother giving the "parts professional" at your local dealer anything other than direct part numbers. No VIN, year or anything else.
Absolutely right!

Thanks all, you answered all my questions, Well the ones I have now. I will also be printing that reference chart out to assure I have it for the future.

I'm told the back windows are on the way. Fun fact, dealer also says that most if not all the 70 series parts go through the Ontario port in Las Angeles and sit there until they are requested at specific dealers or distribution centers across North America.

Windshield is on its way from local dealer . 5611-60220,1985-1987 BJ70 Canadian Domestic Market.

Toyota also has the back windows for he 1985-1987 CDM, BJ70. Is there any reason the back windows would be different than a 1991 hzj77? I had thought all the early 70 series back doors were the same and therefore the windows too.
The North American Spec glass is often green tint where JDM is Bronze. Pretty sure I have some JDM rear door glass out of HZJ7 and BJ74s that I’ve parted.

If anything falls through with the door glass, I have a couple of each of the J7 rear door glass up here in Vancouver Canada

The North American Spec glass is often green tint where JDM is Bronze. Pretty sure I have some JDM rear door glass out of HZJ7 and BJ74s that I’ve parted.
That's good to know, I didn't even notice any tint in the JDM glass of my 77.

Windshield and back window are installed, they were delivered from the Ontario, California Toyota warehouse, seven football fields of parts they say... So that means both windshield and rear door glass is available from Toyota USA for a 70 series.

24v inclinometer on its way from Russia via Ebay for $125.

Just need the dash pad and think I have a line on that.

Last edited:
Did your windshield come in undamaged? I sure do hope you took it out of the box AND the plastic wrapping before leaving the dealer with it. As mentioned before, my first windshield order came from that Ontario warehouse to a local dealer and it was damaged.

Here is what mine looked like from the Ontario warehouse:

IMG_2776.jpg

Yep, everything arrived unbroken and is on the truck now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom