x (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The electric pumps I have seen are very slow, maybe some are faster. I would call up PSC and see what they have to say. Maybe talk to a few rock bouncers, most of them run it.

The bad obsession motorsport guys on youtube found an electric PS pump from I think a benz? I'm having trouble finding the segment in their "Project Binky" series where they discuss it.

For the control valve, it's just hydraulics, so a simple directional valve will suffice if you don't want return to center:

I searched found lots of discussion with little parts break down or newbie descriptions
homersimpson.gif

Pirate 4x4 may be a better place to search for info on rear steer.
But have a good strong bourbon or two before you go on Pirate and say you're a newb :rofl:

Title basically states it. I searched found lots of discussion with little parts break down or newbie descriptions

Early 2000s A class Benz had electric fly by wire steering.

Steering in the one I drove regularly was mostly ok had absolutely zero feedback from the road.
In an emergency lane chance scenario, it was laggy and scary.

If he's using it for rear steer, that might be the ticket then? Not like he'll be using rear steer on the road at speed.

For the ram size, you'll get more "assist" with the larger diameter ram, but it will be slower moving, assuming hydro source pressure and flow are constant.

Bringing this up from the grave as I get closer to needing to figure it out.

Single-ended ram or double-ended ram? I've seen both brought up.

2x8, 2.5x8, or 3x8? Again, I've seen all mentioned.

For a control valve, I found PSC has this:
The price is a little more than I was expecting. Is there a better choice?

I'm going to put one together in 2020 for my buggy...I'm torn on SE vs DE but in the end I think I will go SE and mount off the truss on the pinion side of the axle. I don't go fast, I don't need fast steering for that. Figure a SE with the tie rod mounted in front of the axle will live nicely above my links

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom