help, some one with a 71 or early 72 cruser!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this must be a pre smog pump cruiser.i need some pitures of your engine bay, preferably of the vsv, (how it hooks up into the emmisions system) also the charcoal canister and its hookups, the heater hookups, and what hooks into the outlet on the right side of the intake manifold.

I'd like to help you out but my 71 has only one of those things. ;) You can look in the emmisions manual for the early 70's F engine for the VSV hookup. Right off hand I cannot remember where I saw that posted?

The intake has the brake booster and the vacuum T-case shifter connected on the right rear.

My early Fed spec. 71 has no canister and the VSV was hooked to the carb and vac retard of the dist. All that is long gone now. I think SOR has drawings for the emissions, look under emission hoses

Honestly, why would you want to hook the VSV up? Route the throttle positioner to the vacuum filter port on the top of the intake in front of the carb [direct manifold vacuum] and call it good. The outboard port on the secondary side of the carb that LOOKS like it MIGHT work with a direct hookup to the stock vac retard dizzy WONT.

Hook the charcoal canister line directly to the 1/4" tube that is sticking out from the underside of your air cleaner lid.

:)

Don't know how early of a 72 this one is, but here is a shot of the emissions box thingy majigger.
Emissions.jpg

Cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom