Help Shopping for Flexible Trans Cooler Lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I've researched here, but not finding the specific that matches up with something at Jegs or Summit. Are the female fittings on the braided lines that we see on products a stardard size/spec? If so, it's just a matter of finding the desired diameter (AN -6 or -8) and something close to the lengths (longer front, shorter rear). Also I don't see much assortment in lengths anywhere. I called Summit, and the poor fellow on the other end was more ignorant than me. lol

Can someone help me connect the dots, please? Thank you.

I took my to Orme Brothers in San Fernando California. They saved the fitting ends and crimped on new hose. You could probably call them and ship them your lines to get done.

I'm sure others will chime in with additionaloptions.

What happened to cutting the steel lines, installing rubber or braided trans lines, attaching hose clamps and walking away?.
If it works for race cars and in the derby car world without failure, why over complicate it here🤷‍♂️

This is what I had put on my 62:

-6AN to 14x1.5 Fittings
-6AN 90* Fittings
-6AN Braided Hose (20 Ft Length)

That's off a shop itemized bill, so I can't weigh in on the process, but I believe they just cut to fit.

I used a Hayden 689 that accepted 6AN fittings for a cooler. Below are the adaptors I used on the hardlines and radiators. That combined with evil energy 10ft kit was prefect. If you haven't used AN hose before, I highly suggest wrapping it with electrical tape and using a angle grinder with a cut off wheel to cut it.

I ordered these fittings from summit

2596A5A4-FEFE-4DC1-B3A8-57EBF8A924D4.jpeg

And here’s the hose kit I bought.
Amazon product ASIN B077GTNT9D

If you haven’t worked with AN hose before I can highly recommend wrapping your cut point in electrical tape and then cutting the hose with a angle grinder with cut wheel. Annoying the have to use an angle grinder, I know, but yields really nice results with minimum issues.

If you haven’t worked with AN hose before I can highly recommend wrapping your cut point in electrical tape and then cutting the hose with a angle grinder with cut wheel. Annoying the have to use an angle grinder, I know, but yields really nice results with minimum issues.
To add to this make sure you clean all the debris out of your lines once done making them

To add to this make sure you clean all the debris out of your lines once done making them
Yeah, blow it out with air hose when you’re all done for sure. Can’t imagine a transmission liking rubber chunks that much

I used a Hayden 689 that accepted 6AN fittings for a cooler. Below are the adaptors I used on the hardlines and radiators. That combined with evil energy 10ft kit was prefect. If you haven't used AN hose before, I highly suggest wrapping it with electrical tape and using a angle grinder with a cut off wheel to cut it.

I ordered these fittings from summit

2596A5A4-FEFE-4DC1-B3A8-57EBF8A924D4.jpeg

And here’s the hose kit I bought.
Amazon product ASIN B077GTNT9D

Thank you. Were you doing all four hoses...or just two? I'm just trying to figure out quantities on the Summit order.

Thank you. Were you doing all four hoses...or just two? I'm just trying to figure out quantities on the Summit order.

This got me enough for adding a trans cooler. So the forward tranny line to the radiator, radiator to aux cooler, aux cooler to return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom