Help removing rear Locker actuator Service cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like you're going to have to re-glue at least one magnet in the bell. Mine were all loose in both may actuators. Very common reason for failure. Not a big deal but takes a bit careful work with a compass.

The photo definitely shows at least one of the magnets is loose but still will be in the proper orientation. Best thing before pulling the armature is to mark each of the magnets to indicate existing position and orientation.

The photo definitely shows at least one of the magnets is loose but still will be in the proper orientation. Best thing before pulling the armature is to mark each of the magnets to indicate existing position and orientation.

Oh yea I’m not messing around with moving those magnets , I’m keeping them exactly as it came out (orientation and all) will verify with a bar magnet before I glue

Thanks @Broski and @subzali ill try to get my hands on that spray and get a screw for the rod from Home Depot as I don’t want to bang on the one which goes into the fork, more to come. When I’m done, I’ll be putting my notes on the thread most have bookmarked for actuator rebuild

So to close this chapter, I installed the brand new Aisin rear actuator per the instructions from rock auto and she is finally a 3x lock girl after 7+ years. I had to clean the corrosion off the electrical connections and after some light driving, it works. I’m very pleased at the results

BD4D44F4-93BE-4BE4-A5ED-EA79AE27E178.jpeg

55F0100F-FB15-4D67-8631-5F841AA1FF35.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom