Help! Removing an Aftermarket Alarm System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So while I have my car stripped for sound deadening, carpet cleaning, and speaker install, I figured I'd go ahead and delete what I assume is an aftermarket alarm system. I think it was a Viper...? I don't think it was remote start as I wasn't given a remote for it when I bought the car, but I can't say for sure. It also appears that the PO had a K40 2000 radar detector system installed... I run run a Redline in my IS350, but it's laughable to me to spend the cash to hardwire a radar detector into in a 4 speed Cruiser. I can barely get to the speedlimit most days. haha

Anyways, I've been slowly tracing wires and cutting the aftermarket stuff off. When I cut the last big part of what appear to be a bunch of relays for the alarm system, I lost my ability to start the rig (left pic below). Good dash lights and all, just when I turn the key I get nothing. I took the two black/white wires (ign?) that appeared to have been cut and split for the alarm system and put them back together, but the starter still won't engage. I've checked fuses, they're all still good. Right picture is before I removed green and black wires and reconnected both sides of the cut black/white.

IMG_20200502_140036.jpg
IMG_20200502_151155.jpg

Also, this connector came from the same loom, and doesn't have a home. Am I missing some kind of stock relay/module?
IMG_20200502_151147.jpg

Any ideas? I really don't want to put that stupid block of relays back in. Especially when the PO's other handywork included bypassing fuses...
IMG_20200502_145301.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone who finds this in the future, the mystery connector was T18 for the car telephone mic.

Annnd back to the drawing board we go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom