Help removing aftermarket HU from my 91. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched and searched for how to remove the dash to remove the aftermarket HU in my 1991 Landcruiser. I've seen many write ups and videos but everything seems to be from a later year model. I've removed the two screws from where the ash tray under the HU is and also one other which is to the left of ac controlls on the underside. If anyone has pics or a video or a great write up it is appreciated.

Also this is my first Landcruiser. Thanks

The trim that surrounds the AC controls and the headunit and goes over the steering wheel to the other side of the dash is removed by removing the ashtray, removing the two screws that are revealed with the ash tray gone, removing the one small screw by your right knee, and then it's a matter of prying and pulling very carefully, as everything else is clips. Just carefully pull on the piece from the ashtray hole, by the speedo, and other places. It'll start unclipping and come off eventually. I also recommend removing all the switches beforehand so you can unplug them all before removing the piece. I also usually remove the panel under the steering wheel, not sure if it is necessary, but it has a screw in the top left, two in the bottom left, and one in the bottom right. Then just pull away and let it rest on the floor unless you want to remove the hood and gas lid release levers.

Thanks for the info. I tried and it started coming but was not able to get the corner from the ash tray area loose. Think the tab/clip is nice and tight, has me thinking twice about it breaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom