HELP: rear disc brakes' caliper brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry for bothering you, guys, but i'm non-usa resident and chevy calipers aren't easy-to-buy-everythere items here. But no one makes a rear disc brake kit for TLC utilising toy calipers - maybe someone did that type of brackets by himself and don't mind to share drawings? :confused:

I found a drawing of chevy calipers brackets here, on IH8MUD, but they're for old-style rear axles with 6-bolt drum plate mounts - i already swapped '82 axles with 4-bolt pattern on my '77 BJ40 - at least maybe someone have updated drawing for later axles (i'll try to made brackets myself)?

Also I found nice write-up with photos of rear disc brake installation (with toy calipers!) on full-floater axle, but i have semi-floater :frown:

Any help will be definitely appreciated!

Andrey

Sounds to me like you might have to go with a full kit from TSM, Man A Fre, etc...good luck with your search, sorry I can't be much help. I welded brackets on mine and used Monte calipers.

petescoffee said:
Custom Cruisers in Gilroy, CA

http://www.customcruiserfj40.com/

Try emailing them....

I have left them multiple messages over the last five weeks, and have yet to get a call back from them. According to their message machine, they were closed last week....They have a couple products that I would like to get my hands on.....

Good luck!

-Steve

Ron just got back from vacation there and is DAMN busy from what I saw this evening, send me your requests in simple english and I can run by there anytime. I know the phone and email take a backseat to some dope like me asking in person!! Be happy to help anyone out!!

Thanks everyone! Hope i'll be able to shake your hands in person if i'll do what i want - to come in USA on my BJ40 on one of your events in MOAB!!! :beer:

Hossdog - my personal respect! Please ask Ron:

1.if this kit will fit '79 and newer axles (4-bolt backing plate pattern)? because photo shows brackets for early (6-bolt backing plate pattern) axles
DB1.jpg

2. will this kit work on minitruck and TLC60 and 80 rear semi-floating axles since they have the same drum brake/axle outer construction?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Hey, Russian is a friend of mine. I am going to call Customcruiserfj40.com tonight and find out about rear disk brakes beacuse I might needing them too on my '81 TLC BJ44.

I and him have garages in the same garage complex.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom