HELP! Reairing Rubithon damage so I can drive home! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pete Williamsen Is at Adco driveline in Placerville. He damaged his Cruiser on the Rubicon. It is NOT a trailer queen and he plans on driving back to So Cal. He is looking for parts to repair his custom rear driveshaft of his 60 series. If you can help, his phone number is (323) 547-5823.

Call me a idiot but I am pretty sure 60’s don’t have CVs. You mean a birf or an axle?

81-83 has double cardon CV front, when the spring over was done the PO used one on the rear.
Ah good to know. I should have realized my mistake now that I see the Georg w/ no e named.

There is an ADCO driveshaft place in shingle springs off 50 on sunset drive. They do really good work and are a small mom 'n pop place that would likely squeeze you in if you're in an emergency situation. You can reach them at 1-530-676-1516.

No affiliation, just used them in the past with really good results and a fair price.

Front leaf spring locating pins are broken and the knuckle felt/seals and inner axle are leaking a bit (due to trail repair of broken knuckle studs) so he is feeling a bit squeemish about relying solely on his front running gear.

I’m having Ken at ADCO cut up the front to make a new rear... it’s a bummer but the new rear will be a permanent fix. I did source a couple of CVs but they’re all too far away to get us on the road. Thanks to all who checked in. What an adventure...

Front leaf spring locating pins are broken and the knuckle felt/seals and inner axle are leaking a bit (due to trail repair of broken knuckle studs) so he is feeling a bit squeemish about relying solely on his front running gear.

And he is going to drive 400 + miles to SoCal with a sketchy front end. If it will steer well enough to drive back it will be fine to power the truck too. Just Sayingo_O:popcorn::skull::rolleyes:

Dyno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom