help pulling the trigger on 94 triple locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey yall, new to the forum and the LC community but id like to ask for some experts opinion on this 94 LC triple locked, no rust, 260k on the body and owner says 190k on the new motor with a new head gasket, rear main and the PHH done. The rig drives and shifts great and the inside is near perfect. I got him down to 7k cash. only thing keeping me from buying is the unknows of the motor. Could anyone push me in the right way ?

Last edited:
Reactions: RFB
For 7k you have room to buy it and do then see if it needs anything. I have a 94 and love it. Paid much more than 7k. It's my wife's; I have my own 97.

LC Front Seat.jpg

that's my thinking also, few things I know it will need off the bat is to rebuild the knuckles and ive found a nice kit on landcruiser outfitters for 185 bucks with bearings so not worried about that. next is AC looks like the complete AC system will need to be replaced if I want ac in these hot Atlanta summers but parts for that seem to be pretty cheap as well.

Looks pretty decent, for $7K & a update HG, plus lockers & a winch bumper.

I'd prob bite if I was you. Esp if you can do basic paint repair to help the clearcoat per the seller description.

Mine has just a tick over 100k miles. Axles redone and Harrop e-lockers added. Previous owner performed lots of maintenance and I've continued that plan. Can't get my wife to lift it or take off the damage multipliers, but it will go most anywhere I need it to go. Got a new Thule roof-top carrier; the wife, one kid, and two dogs will be heading to CO on Sunday. It's a bit of a dog on long hills, but it's got a nice stereo to make you forget you're not hauling ass.

thanks everyone, im going to go look it over one more time but think ill be driving it home tonight, will keep yall updated

Just pay the $$ and then start the list of "to dos". When I purchased my 95, it has 210k miles, triple locked, and no rebuild... spent about the same as you. You will ALWAYS find stuff to do, but that's kind of the point when buying something of this age, right? Mine is now my "project truck", so the list has gotten fairly long, but is still fun to drive and VERY capable!

Good luck!

Another yes vote

Thanks for posting the link.

I talked to him and I wired him the $7500. I'm picking it up next Wed.

No, I didn't. I don't want a 94.

Yes. '94 with lockers is highly sought after. I'd like to see receipts for the engine work, and rust can be a deal breaker. Other than those I'd be all over it.

the engine is from me, i can vouch for it. if you have any questions let me know. the HG and all major "while you are in there" things were done within the last 10K. not sure how many miles @athensrep has put on it since he got the truck but i helped stuff the engine in over the summer.

I have a 94, I lucked out and didn't know what a great year it is. Seems like the right mix of fancy stuff without getting too fancy. Bought mine for $3K, put another ~$7K into her. Have a ridiculously good vehicle for ~$10K.

ung0pf0.jpg

Congratulations!

Keep in contact w/ @slow95z as he frequently has parts you may need. I have bought a fair amount from him, all with great results.

Oh....and since no one has said it....

WELCOME!:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

awesome guys thanks so much ! picking it up tonight

Hope you have paid - lurkers watch here too.

Kill the ad link. I would.

If you guys are lurking and looking I have a nice 97 lx that is locked I am selling after the first. Tax reasons and what not

If you guys are lurking and looking I have a nice 97 lx that is locked I am selling after the first. Tax reasons and what not

Well played ;)

nice find,i let mine nickel and dime me to death then i just said f it and drive it.
I'm near lake lanier have a 94 slow as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom