Help preserve my new paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had my rig back for several months from the body shop and loving the fresh new straight body. I would like to preserve my investment as long as possible and I think some mud flaps would help. l would only do this if I could get my mits on a set of the original or reproduction Land Cruiser mud flaps. Where is the best place to get these? Are they even available?

I got a quote from the dealer for FJ60 mudflaps for $95 a piece. 4 of them would represent 20% of the vehicle's total value...lol

CCOT has them for somewhere around $73 IIRC.

Try SOR or drop a line to Cruiserdan.

Wanna keep the hood's paint looking good I recommend a Dynamat hood liner. It's got a reflective surface that'll reflect the engine's heat away from the hood instead of holding it in, like the factory hood liner. I ordered one for my truck to put on when I get the hood redone. That with some Dynamat Xtreme in the recessed portions should help protect the paint quite a bit with the added bonus of making it sound a bit quieter.

Nu Finish car wax, rated #1 by Consumer Reports.

Holy Sh-t!!!!! CCOT = with shipping $306 !!! And thats cheap compared to the dealer. Wow! Guess I need to rethink that idea.

Thank you cruiserdan!
Shipped for $255. Still a lot, but got me thinking since i like original.

Tom Walterhouse said:
Thank you cruiserdan!
Shipped for $255. Still a lot, but got me thinking since i like original.

Dan's the man. I've got a whole shopping list for him for when I start getting paid again (stupid DFAS fxxxed up and overpaid me for the last entire year so now they're pulling out of my pay for this month. $00.00 paychecks RULE!)

Spook50 said:
Try SOR or drop a line to Cruiserdan.

Wanna keep the hood's paint looking good I recommend a Dynamat hood liner. It's got a reflective surface that'll reflect the engine's heat away from the hood instead of holding it in, like the factory hood liner. I ordered one for my truck to put on when I get the hood redone. That with some Dynamat Xtreme in the recessed portions should help protect the paint quite a bit with the added bonus of making it sound a bit quieter.

can you keep the stock hood liner or does the reflective dynamat completely replace it? I like the stock liner, but wouldn't mind better protection for the paint...

thanks!

rob

Post a pic of your new paint job.

We like pics :D

sl33py said:
can you keep the stock hood liner or does the reflective dynamat completely replace it? I like the stock liner, but wouldn't mind better protection for the paint...

thanks!

rob

It replaces it completely. From the description, it's a cut-to-fit, adhesive backed sheet. I'd much rather have something like that than the factory liner against my hood. The factory liner is just too much of an insulator and it's already destroyed my factory paint (though keeping the truck outside all its life hasn't helped either).

Well, he did say that the rig was painted several months ago. In any case, I'd check with the paint shop to see when it can be waxed. Regarding the mudflaps, I don't think they're worth it. You're still going to end up with mud on the rig, whether it has oversized tires or not.

Post a pic of your new paint job

I'll try. I'm use to the ole Canon 35mm (kinda like an ole school vehicle). I bought the wife a digital, need a lesson. If I may plug a wax, been using Meguirers "Cleaner Wax" for a dozen yrs and love it. Anybody I've turned on to it has not gone back to their old brand. No I don't work for Meguires, I'm probably spelling it wrong. I have to partially agree with 89gashog, not sure the flaps are worth 250, i'm still on the fence. I usually justify purchases like that as a suggested x-mas gift and pretend that my wife read my mind and she knew nothing of my desire.

I just proved i'm not well versed on the computer.
How do you cut and paste a quote from another post so that everybody can see who it came from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom