Help: Prepping to haul 3/4 tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm away from home and not able to measure my 40. Last minute, I'll be hauling a 3/4 tub on a flat trailer w/ wood floor. My assumption is that the weight of tub resting on rockers and other lower body edges will be excessive. My thoughts are I'll need to make a "mount" or "riser" and place under front of tub to take the weight off the rockers. Then make something similar but taller to place under rear of tub somewhere to level it. I've studied FSM and many threads, photos. That has helped somewhat, and I can pretty much get fore/aft locations, but I'm still missing info-mostly height.

To anyone who has done this, any advice as to:

How high to make a "mount" and fasten to trailer floor to take weight off rockers?
From there, then how high would another mount need to be to place under rear of bed somewhere?

Trying to prepare in advance to eliminate time and custom cribbing (without power) on the road.

Any help from previous experience or better ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Use 4 used tires under the tub and strap it down. Put something under the straps so they do not rub through and break. Most tire shops will give you the tires for free.

Can you flip it upside down?

Use 4 used tires under the tub and strap it down. Put something under the straps so they do not rub through and break. Most tire shops will give you the tires for free.

Hauled a F350 cab home from Colorado to Minnesota for my nephew this way. Worked peachy.

20221016_224645.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom