HELP! power steering belt tensioner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got an 88' 62, 3FE, pulled the front of the motor to do water pump, tune, valves, ect. The tensioner pully adjuster bold for the power steering belt seized inside and broke off. Toyota just lists it as an entire assembly: pully, bearings, adjuster, bracket, ect, for $80 when all I need is the darn adjuster bolt and the block it threads though. I've seen the same thing on just about every Yota out there, even their 4Y forklift motors, but I'm comin up empty handed for the part and even a reliable part #. Can anyone help, so I can start enjoying my new rig??

Last edited:
Howdy! You may have to drill and tap the old one, then get a new bolt at a good hardware store. Or, you could head out to the PicknPulls to see what matches up. I think it is the same as the ones on the mini trucks too. John

I hear , ya, only problem is: time is money, the amount of time spend doing either of those is the amount of money I'd spend on the whole assembly. The bolt is a quickie, just would rather be able to find the threaded block rather than fab or fix.

My other Toy:
l_cca13a0b4f774a89aa68164a287054d7.jpg

Any specialized TLC salvage yards for these things?

Close by to you is Spectre Off Road (SOR).

On the other side of the country is Cruiserparts.net.

HTH

Drilling the bolt out didnt leave any room to tap up the next size so I just welded a nut onto the adjuster block, works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom