1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help power steering and disc brakes

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by crazylandcruiser, Aug 15, 2006.

1. crazylandcruiser

crazylandcruiser

so im trying to install power steering on my land cruiser and also disc brakes i saw some kits for the disc brakes and they were gonna be around 1000 but i want to hear what some people have used for there power steering conversions and where they purchased some of there stuff

thanks

2. llih

llih

Try both the tech section, vendor list and the search function. These mods are popular and have been discussed a million times here.

3. camcruiser13

camcruiser13

Media:
    Albums:
    kurt at cruiseroutfiters will get you started

4. cardinal fang

cardinal fang

Go to my webpage in my signature line and read the step by step procedure for doing your own 'kit' for ~300.

5. 1973Guppie

1973Guppie SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Search, Search, Search !!!!!

6. crazylandcruiser

crazylandcruiser

i did search on there i saw most people when to junk yards to pull their stuff first off the only junk yard around here is next to a school and you are not allowed to go in it they just tell you wiether they have it or not its not worth it im just asking what sites people when to to find there stuff i was gonna do a mini truck ps conversion

7. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

Is it gonna be a DD or Trail? Mini-Truck knucle swap/disc brake conv is a pretty good mod by what i've heard. I'll be posting about my buildup soon. I wouldn't know how good the mini-ps is being as that i've got FJ60 P/S and kinda wish I had gone with Sag steering for the extra power.

8. crazylandcruiser

crazylandcruiser

thanks bro ill be interested in your build up i went and got my saginaw gear box yesterday im getting my pump and pulley today in a little why and then im trying to look for brackets and also reading up on the tech links for the bracket for the gear box and how to reinforce it.

9. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

Killer...The FJ60 p/s is pretty good I just wish that i had used something better for a return line(gonna fix that before I go to 36's). I hope the FJ60 PS will handle them cause if not then saginaw here I come. Kurt could probably hook you up with the Knuckles/birfs you'd need for the disc swap ;)

10. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

There are not a lot of options when it comes to return line, somewhat confused by that...

My FJ60 steering is beautiful on the road and at higher pressures with my 37'/38" tires, but once aired down with the front locker engaged, it struggles. Install a good cooler. I am running a 12x10" fin-type transmission cooler. The answer to turning really big tires offroad is hydro assist.

11. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

my friend's sag steering can turn 38.5 at 10psi and a tiny steering wheel...no problems. When we're on pavement at about 30 psi (guess not exact) i could literally drive it around the parking lot with only 1 finger ;)

12. crazylandcruiser

crazylandcruiser

yea im not worried about big tires and airing down yes i air down but also im not a rock crawler type person i dont mind watching it but i just like to hit the trails enjoy some mud cross some creeks and just have a little fun i wanna run 35x13.5or15 that be nice im still running sua so im gonna get a hi steer kit and run soa well see soon thanks for all the help guys

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">