Help Please, this is weird - chime won't stop, doors won't lock, car won't start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there, I have a 93 fzj80. About 5 months ago someone tried to steal it but it had a dead battery so they didn't get far, they just managed to destroy my ignition cylinder, take my stereo and leave a mess.

Since then I replaced my cylinder and got a new battery. I thought it would fire right up but no such luck. When I turn the key it clicks but nothing else. I recently replaced the starter so I don't think it's that.

What's weird is the chime won't stop and the auto door locks keep unlocking my door thinking the key is in the ignition, or something. I'm wondering if it's in some security mode that's not allowing it to turn over? Or if when they tried to steal it they damaged the ignition receiver tube, but sure what that's called.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there, I have a 93 fzj80. About 5 months ago someone tried to steal it but it had a dead battery so they didn't get far, they just managed to destroy my ignition cylinder, take my stereo and leave a mess.

Since then I replaced my cylinder and got a new battery. I thought it would fire right up but no such luck. When I turn the key it clicks but nothing else. I recently replaced the starter so I don't think it's that.

What's weird is the chime won't stop and the auto door locks keep unlocking my door thinking the key is in the ignition, or something. I'm wondering if it's in some security mode that's not allowing it to turn over? Or if when they tried to steal it they damaged the ignition receiver tube, but sure what that's called.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated!
First search out the alarm and either disable it or remove it to eliminate the possibility.

If they boogered your ignition switch, it's possible they cut some of the wiring harness at the ignition switch. Do you have the lighted ring around the ignition switch?

Have you removed and replaced the key lock and barrel? Maybe that got broken?
There's a plug on the side of the ignition barrel that may not be connected that may be caught issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom