Help please, no sound on 2007 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have read through quite a few of these posts, and cant find an exact match to my scenario. I think it is the amp, but am slightly less certain than I was before.

Data.
There is no sound at all
When i hit Map, Dest or Menu it says "the external system isnt connected"
The heat/AC, interanl and external temp work fine.
When I hit audio it says "Audio off"
I got into diagnostics mode by holding info and turning lights on and off 3 times, and you can see two screen shots below.
I check the fuses by the kick plate on drivers side seat and no blown fuses, i havent looked under the hood at fuses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Pics

6697997A-62D4-4BD1-9C0F-F30EAA826730.jpeg

949D0B11-FF4E-42FB-8847-4BC463A418E9.jpeg

0BB1046E-D6F5-4F47-8BBC-804AB69127D2.jpeg

5FD47E2B-E80E-4F12-8488-623523029218.jpeg

Check the fuses on the passenger side. I had the same issue. There was a fuse blown there and eventually I learned I had a bad amp. If your under hood fuse is good, you might be okay though.

Hmm, I just got it, but the previous owner told me he thought it was the amp. But Guessing from Classic Mans response he is confident these errors arent indicative of a blown amp? Or at least even if it is a blown amp, there is also a disconnection behind the unit?

Did you check the passenger side radio fuse? It's the easiest fix if so. If not,lifting the passenger seat to check connections are just a few bolts. I'd do that before pulling the hu.

Hmm, I just got it, but the previous owner told me he thought it was the amp. But Guessing from Classic Mans response he is confident these errors arent indicative of a blown amp? Or at least even if it is a blown amp, there is also a disconnection behind the unit?

Did you check the passenger side radio fuse? It's the easiest fix if so. If not,lifting the passenger seat to check connections are just a few bolts. I'd do that before pulling the hu.
Holy s***, checked passenger side fuse box and found this below! Replaced it and everything works! I owe you drinks and bbq if any of you are near KC!!!

A0CA0DD4-FC1B-4DB1-BCD0-7245A8F85668.jpeg

B7C90CE9-6038-4238-9697-A30DC0AF34D5.png

Lol glad I could help.i had the exact same issue but after fixing that one I kept popping fuses under the hood. So part of it was that fuse you're holding, part of it was a bad amp. I'm about 1000 miles away but I'll hold you to it if I ever end up there. 😁👍

I'm starting to have (what looks like) this issue. Three blown radio fuses in a week. How did you 'fix' the amp problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom