Help on Tires and Lift for '76 FJ55? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok this is weird. I just went to my Local ARB 4 x 4 shop. They said ARB Old-Man-Emu does not make a lift for my 1976 FJ55???
They even called ARB directly? So what is everyone using to lift their FJ55's??
Again putting 33" on and wanting to keep looking as stock as possible. So like a 2"-3" and as level as possible.

Ok this is weird
Like I mentioned above Cruiser Outfitters has the kit you want.
It is a combination of old man emu parts they put together for the 55 and several of us have installed that kit with great success.
You can try to piece something together or have a spring shop build you new springs but IMHO you aren't saving money or time.

It is a combination of old man emu parts they put together for the 55 and several of us have installed that kit with great success.
You can try to piece something together or have a spring shop build you new springs but IMHO you aren't saving money or time.
Ok. left another message I'll keep trying.

Ok this is weird. I just went to my Local ARB 4 x 4 shop. They said ARB Old-Man-Emu does not make a lift for my 1976 FJ55???
They even called ARB directly? So what is everyone using to lift their FJ55's??
Again putting 33" on and wanting to keep looking as stock as possible. So like a 2"-3" and as level as possible.

This is on my list....3" lift from Kurt at Cruiser outfitters

What is going on here is Kurt and @cruiseroutfit have done the work to market an OME kit originally developed for the 70 series and brought it to the Pig market. It is not a straight up bolt-on. Kurt has done his homework.

I have no experience with the actual lift kit, but I have heard good things from those who have pulled the trigger...

What is going on here is Kurt and @cruiseroutfit have done the work to market an OME kit originally developed for the 70 series and brought it to the Pig market. It is not a straight up bolt-on. Kurt has done his homework.

I have no experience with the actual lift kit, but I have heard good things from those who have pulled the trigger...
Thank you much.

Ok. left another message I'll keep trying.
I know Kurt went to race Monica in Baja but I would think someone would have been at the shop to answer phones.
FYI: I just called and left a message to check on that kit for you, I'll post here if they call me back.

I know Kurt went to race Monica in Baja but I would think someone would have been at the shop to answer phones.
FYI: I just called and left a message to check on that kit for you, I'll post here if they call me back.
I just finally got ahold of them. Like you said they do have a kit. only a 3". Full complete set. I just bought original OEM wheels 15" and OEM Hubcaps. I am wanting it to look as stock as possible. Afraid the 33" and a 3" lift will make look like "oh ya its lifted"? And if I went up to 34" or 35" to fill up the gap it will really look lifted?
Has the kits in stock. I also contacted Dobsin and waiting on a return call. I'll let you

I am wanting it to look as stock as possible.
Stock as possible isn't going to have any lift.

The lift Cruiser Outfitters sales looks appropriate if you want to run a 33X10.5 tire and take your pig places it was designed to go and keep the tires out of the fenders.
43E26BC7-099C-4B4B-8D17-FB8355F1CCFF.jpg

Gotcha. That is the 3" with 33"? Looks good to me.
Yes that is the cruiser Outfitters lift kit with a 33X10.5 tire on stock'ish wheels

And what snorkel is that J Mack? I like it on the passenger side.
Not my pig and I think snorkels are homo.
Sorry not more help gaying up a pig.

Yes that is the cruiser Outfitters lift kit with a 33X10.5 tire on stock'ish wheels

Not my pig and I think snorkels are homo.
Sorry not more help gaying up a pig.
I know even going to the 33" will make it look not stock but I am just not a fan of the obvious lift and say 35" on the 55 era.

and that made me laugh out loud on the no help on gaying up my pig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom