Help Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well it all started with a gas station non-attendant the poor kid didn't see the diesel only sticker, notice the yellow paint on my gas cap or smell the fumes from the tank and put 30 L of gas in my 84 3B 60 I got it out finally and the engine runs fine but now I'm leaking fuel from the tank can Gas dissolve the seals? also how do I un-stick my spare carrier wd-40 doesn't help and the spare hook and handle are in very poor condition and are useless at budging it.
finally my 5 spd manual tranny is slipping out of 4th and 5th gear 5th at 90kph 4th intermittently within it's range it's also sometimes hard to get it into 3rd from 2nd when it's cold. I've tried to check the fluid but there is a skid plate in the way (don't know if it's OEM or after market). any assistance would be appreciated

sounds like you need some work #1 you have a drain plug on the botttom of your tank i believe.drain it.dont know about you seals.#2 bp blaster is a great product for stuck crap .one trick i learned was take a rag soak it down with pb blaster wrap it around whatever your unsticking and walk away till tomorrow.#3 your tranny needs a pro to fix your sych.and on your gas problem you will need to change your filter im sure .but the diesal experts will give you better advice.

no seals to speak of, on the tank it's self.
where is it leaking?
if the spare carrier is in poor shape, i'd bet you're just dealing with a rust issue on the tank, that just happened to pop up while dealing with the mixed fuel issue.

tranny sounds like it needs to be gone over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom