Help needed with the upper intake manifold, bolts/nuts missing. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been battling the P0171 code, just did the o2 sensors, CEL turned off drove about 25 miles and back on. I was working on the cooking system when I noticed the bolts to the upper intake manifold appeared broken, well I noticed they were bolted from the bottom, but I was missing bolts and possibly a nut on the intake. Need some help to see what hole uses a bolt or nut and stud and what the torque spec is, I feel like this may be my air leak. So I drew a little diagram to make it easier but will verbalize. Starting from left to right starting from the drivers side front. Hole 1- don’t know, Hole 2- I don’t know, Hole3- empty(nothing) Hole 4- bolt, hole5-bolt. Hole6- nut. Hole 7- stud/no nut. Hole 6- I don’t know. I wasn’t able to see a few it was getting late, Anyone if someone can help me determine whole hole has a bolt or Stud with the nut, the part numbers or bolt/nut size to match up locally, and the proper torque spec, also is it possible to put some bolts in from the top to Make them easier to access and torque down in the future, like bolt 8? Any help would be greatly appreciated, oh and my intake manifold doesn’t have the support bracket I saw in other video, is this really that important? Thanks againn

It would help greatly if you could post up photos of where you are working so we can see exactly what/where/if there are any missing fasteners or if the wrong fastener has been installed by a previous mechanic.

84CF7A4C-837C-46BB-BBB6-C7D6940CE696.jpeg

It would help greatly if you could post up photos of where you are working so we can see exactly what/where/if there are any missing fasteners or if the wrong fastener has been installed by a previous mechanic.
I posted a photo of what I’m working with

View attachment 3286931

I posted a photo of what I’m working with

The bolt/ stud/ nut pattern is symmetrical.

Position 1 & 8 use a long bolt
Position 2, 3 & 6, 7 use stud and nut
Position 4 & 5 use shorter bolts

Nuts 90179-08040
Stud 90116-08020
Longer bolt 90105-08286
Shorter bolt 91511-60825

Last edited:
1680272154001.png

Do you know the approx length of the longer bolt? If the dealer here doesn’t have it I’m gonna try n match it up

Part number says 86-mm long; the others are 30-mm long.

But they're flange head bolts, so you'll have a hard time finding them at the hardware store. Order them from the dealer; they'l lbe in stock in the warehouse. You'll have them next day.

Do you know the approx length of the longer bolt? If the dealer here doesn’t have it I’m gonna try n match it up

Use the part number for a Google search.

There's a few suppliers that have them.

Partsouq showed "no results" on a search on a couple of them

the problem you'll have trying to source from a hardware store is they are a fine JIS thread, and smalil head size

Agree with above, don't waste your time at big box hardware stores. As already mentioned unless the warehouse is out of stock IME most nuts and bolts can be delivered overnight to your local dealer if you get the order in before their local cut-off time (3:30pm in my area).

I’m Oregon we have a couple specialty store like Tacoma screw or Oregon bolt and screw and they carry 1.25 pitch metric hardware in all lengths flanged and not flanged. I’m not saying don’t buy OEM just saying there are options

I’m Oregon we have a couple specialty store like Tacoma screw or Oregon bolt and screw and they carry 1.25 pitch metric hardware in all lengths flanged and not flanged. I’m not saying don’t buy OEM just saying there are options

It's not just thread pitch that's different.
Toyota uses JIS fasteners.
JIS fasteners have smaller heads.
A standard 8mm bolt has a 13mm head. JIS uses 12mm.
There's very little clearance on a couple of these bolts, a larger head and socket could potentially be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom