Help Needed: What would you use $3K to do to your 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Weld the sunroof shut or make it so it works and seals.

Ls swap it twice

Sounds like you are really covered. There are some other small items that others already mentioned.

How is your interior? This is not mechanical, but one of the best refurbs I did was new leather and seat foam. Made such a huge difference in how much I enjoy driving the vehicle. That and a decent sound system.

Nice set of 2.5” shocks. Remote res with adjusters if I can swing it.

Just go to absolute-wits-end.com and he'll help you spend it real fast!

Window runs would definitely be a a good idea. Including the rear sliding glass.

Why a turbo?

If it doesn't feel slow to you, don't worry about it. If you want to cruise at 75 mph from coast to coast at all elevations and road grades, then you may want a turbo at some point.

New window runs would be a good project! Personally I'd invest some of that cash into a spray gun and compressor and do some rust prevention.. pneumatic wire wheel all around the frame and axles to get any surface rust down to a minimum. Then coat with some Corroseal and a top coat. You love the beach as much as I do so you could also use your spray gun to apply a fluid film or wool wax.
I currently have zero rust. That was a selling point when I bought this vehicle. Part of that is probably because I think the previous owner did not fix any leaks for about 250,000 miles. Every thing underneath the vehicle had a nice water and salt proof coating on it when I bought it.

Weld the sunroof shut or make it so it works and seals.
I have thought of that. I am about to redo the weather stripping.

How do you like your 12K Pound Badland Winch? I have one and I think it is great for the money. I am going to swap the cable for the rope they now carry.

Sounds like you are really covered. There are some other small items that others already mentioned.

How is your interior? This is not mechanical, but one of the best refurbs I did was new leather and seat foam. Made such a huge difference in how much I enjoy driving the vehicle. That and a decent sound system.
Sound system is definitely on the list. What did you spend to get the leather redone, if I may ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom